Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally Clear Sky, and I am patching it now, but what mods do I need for this game?

I heard there was a mod that gave you improved dx10 performance, but I cannot find it. So what are the mods most recommended for a first time play thru?

·
Super Moderator
15,093 Posts
The mod you're looking for is float32 for clear sky. The mod's website shut down a while back and I seem to recall something terrible happened to the owner. If you want it I've got the latest version before the site went down. I can post it here if you want (9KB).

Other mods generally aren't recommended for the first play through. Play through it once as the developers intended it then grab some mods for the second play through (Faction commander for example).

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFL Replica
View Post

The mod you're looking for is float32 for clear sky. The mod's website shut down a while back and I seem to recall something terrible happened to the owner. If you want it I've got the latest version before the site went down. I can post it here if you want (9KB).

Other mods generally aren't recommended for the first play through. Play through it once as the developers intended it then grab some mods for the second play through (Faction commander for example).

Oh, ok. I would love if you could get me that mod.

·
Super Moderator
15,093 Posts
The latest file is float32 with fixed ATI shaders. I've also uploaded the older 0.5 version. As far as I know, these were intended for DX10 but a peek inside the ATI shader fix version reveals two modified files for R2 (DX9) in addition to the R3 (DX10) tweaks. Since I don't have an ATI card, I can't confirm what it is that's been fixed but I'm guessing the cammo netting might be one of them. Enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts