Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i was wondering if someone could do me a favor and find out what the stnadard AMD64 2800+ 754 heatsink and fan is. Most importantly what dimension and cfm/db the fan is. I need to go install it inanother computer and reformat my own so i cant check

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
I dont think you find that info readily available cause normally there would be no reason to know, being that it is manufacturer approved and covered for any damages that may incur from using it. I can give you the measurements of the one that came off of my 3200 though. 3" W X 2 11/16" D X 1 1/8" L (2 5/8" L including the fan) I also happen to know that the fan runs at about 3300-3500 RPMs, so I cant imagine it having more than like 25-30 CFM. Than fan has standard 80mm dimensions.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Early ClawHammers and NewCastles shipped with different heatsinks, but my NewCastle's stock heatsink fan was a 70mm fan and I'd guess around 2.5"x3.4"x2"

·
Registered
712 Posts
I never use stock heatsinks... not that really useful to you but you would probably be better buying a 3rd party cooling unit as they tend to make better products to be competitive with the ones included with the retail CPU packages.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i was just wondering if maybe i had a fan sitting round the same size that was better. I dont wanan spend anymore money
Thanks though guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts