Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World of Tanks experience system kind of, EVE Online ship fitting system and Freelancer space combat system

= Super awesome combination!

It is on Steam now, should try it out if you haven't.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcracker View Post

My understanding is it's a pay to win team death match space shooter. Not and MMO.
If WOT is considered MMO then this is aswell.

Pretty much similiar "pay-to-win" options like in WOT, no real benefit over other players, you just get stuff faster.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
BF3 has more players on a map. That is not an MMO. You can buy unique ships in this game not available to earn with time only real € and are better from what i've been told. It doesn't even tell you that it's (forget max players) 24vs24? death match, just says MMO. I call false advertising on that one. I don't consider WOT an MMO either. Who does? The game does look fun but with false advertising and pay to win it is doomed before it even starts because many will share the same views as i do, and avoid it.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcracker View Post

BF3 has more players on a map. That is not an MMO. You can buy unique ships in this game not available to earn with time only real € and are better from what i've been told. It doesn't even tell you that it's (forget max players) 24vs24? death match, just says MMO. I call false advertising on that one. I don't consider WOT an MMO either. Who does? The game does look fun but with false advertising and pay to win it is doomed before it even starts because many will share the same views as i do, and avoid it.
If you had actually played it you would know the pay-to-win system is pretty much exactly like WOT, not like in every other game where you can really pay to win.

Play the game before you comment on it...

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
I've actually looked into it a bit, it's not pay to win in my opinion, and I consider myself pretty strict in my description of what pay to win is. Paying for ships in the game is basically the same thing as buying an XP or resource boost in another game. You're just getting the same thing faster. There is no golden ammunition like there is in WoT, and that is the sole reason I've never played WoT.

The MMO definition is a bit of an overstatement, I agree. But otherwise, the game is pretty fair, and if you take it for what it is it can be pretty fun. Just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

If you had actually played it you would know the pay-to-win system is pretty much exactly like WOT, not like in every other game where you can really pay to win.

Play the game before you comment on it...
I'm not commenting on the gameplay
rolleyes.gif
i am commenting on the reasons i'm avoiding the game.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDesu View Post

I'm interested in checking it out and I just might come Friday. Is it new to Steam or new over all?
New on Steam, hadn't heard of it before that either.

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Heyo, anyone still play? Just started over the weekend to gear up for Star Citizen: DFM. Looking for some strategies and good ship suggestions.

Anyone think it's worth buying ship packages? They seem super over-priced to me.

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,759 Posts
Just wanted to say that I really just got into this game and am loving it. The combat is really really fun. I wouldnt call it an MMO, but it is a great dog-fighting game. Also, although you can pay to get stuff faster, it is by no means a pay 2 win. They do a good job of putting like-ranked equipment/ships together. And even if you are a bit weaker than the enemy, you can always out fly them or have teammates help out.

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs View Post

Just wanted to say that I really just got into this game and am loving it. The combat is really really fun. I wouldnt call it an MMO, but it is a great dog-fighting game. Also, although you can pay to get stuff faster, it is by no means a pay 2 win. They do a good job of putting like-ranked equipment/ships together. And even if you are a bit weaker than the enemy, you can always out fly them or have teammates help out.
Completely agree, however, match-making (like most games of today) needs a little work. I seem to be put on the losing team more often than on the winning one. At the end of the game, there doesn't even seem to be a "close" point spread. I always seem to win be a landslide or get completely demolished.

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,759 Posts
My problem is match making just takes forever sometimes. Especially PVE.

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs View Post

My problem is match making just takes forever sometimes. Especially PVE.
If you open up your preferred region servers to no specific region, it doesn't take as long to join a game.

• Rep+
Reactions: Wildcard36qs

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,759 Posts
Dude awesome info! I did not realize that.

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
thumb.gif
Thanks for the rep.

I didn't notice this at first either. It took quite a bit of scouring for the open region option that was hidden in plain sight
tongue.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts