Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been thinking about playing this game. I've only played starcraft once a long time ago and don't remember much. If I get starcraft 2, will the game kind of teach me what to do and how to play?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Not so much. If you play through the campaign first you'll learn some things, but a lot of the units in the campaign aren't in the multiplayer (they're more of a shoutout to the original Starcraft). You can play against the AI 1 on 1 and watch the replays after to see their build order. You can also play real players online and watch the replays after to see what they did. These all help you learn. There's always youtube too for replays, but they're mainly of the Beta and some things have changed since then.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Yes, the campaign is good and will take a fair amount of time. 10-15 hours? I don't really remember. Certainly the same or more length than a lot of games these days. The missions are all very unique, and on higher difficulties challenging. Lots of details all over, its nice. I'll replay it on Brutal this Tuesday when the 3D patch is out.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Yes, the game will teach you how to play the terran race and the protoss through mini-campaigns. You can play against the cpu for some practice, mostly to learn the units and all. Then you can also play some practice games and jump into online afterwards

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Step1: Start off as a terran, build crap load of banshees
Step2: Get Pwned by Vikings
Step3: Ragequit, and never play the game again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts