Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Timers Unite
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suck at this game I'm mid bronze (rust
) level and just wanted to see if there was anyone out there willing to help me and possibly a friend or two get better. I play protoss as does one of my friends and the other plays terran. I'm just lookin for some general tips and strategies to improve to maybe silver level

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
I could use some help too.
I can win like 8 in a row, then forget how to play and lose 8 in a row.

~20 silver 1v1
~20 gold 2v2

·
Old Timers Unite
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
watching top 200 level diamond pros is like telling someone who's looking for golf tips to watch the PGA championships. Its not usually as helpful as someone personally helping you

·
Registered
146 Posts
Day[9] is a diamond player, but he also is a commentator. He also has a wide collection of videos from his backlog that talk about strategies, and things that are important to general rts play. If you want to learn, find his videos and go from there, he'll start with basics like build orders and work his way up to things you should do like ctrl grouping everything including buildings and training yourself to multi-task.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I honestly dont know why you would dedicate the time and effort. but different folks different strokes.

Cant go wrong with replays and videos, but ive found that experience makes me better and then watching my own mistakes and critiquing myself.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Watch day9's Newbie Tuesdays episodes (just google day9).

Do what he says. WORKERS. SUPPLY. All other things are secondary, literally. It's not like you need any incentive to make units (except some zerg players who drone too hard but those are rare). Well maybe except scouting, and even then, apart from some bronze players who think it's still the practice league, everyone pretty much plays standard in the lower leagues.

·
Registered
801 Posts
day9 has improved my play drastically. I play Zerg, and the newbie tuesday on drone timing has made me so much better. His other videos have also been very informative. I'm still in bronze, but I've won 7/10 of my last games so I'm due a promotion methinks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts