Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has attempted to mod the computer speacker to where it would have a start up sound so that when ever you push the power button a sounds comes out of the computer speacker or prebuilt internal stero speackers in the case.

If so how did you do it?
If not is it possable?

·
13,101 Posts
Not sure if it's possible using the existing PC components without modifying the BIOS possibly.

It's completely doable using a simple electronics kit and just tying it in to the power button.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

Not sure if it's possible using the existing PC components without modifying the BIOS possibly.
It's completely doable using a simple electronics kit and just tying it in to the power button.
Yea, a electronics kit would work but how would you get a sound clip to play when you power it one. well just to device to make that is...I know how you would wire it just how you would find a kit like that -.-

·
13,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMudkip View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

Yea, a electronics kit would work but how would you get a sound clip to play when you power it one. well just to device to make that is...I know how you would wire it just how you would find a kit like that -.-
Some kit like the ones in Birthday/Holiday cards that play a tune when you open them up
biggrin.gif

There has to be a place to buy those and a way to program them, probably just a .wav file or something.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I actually used an old sound blaster card that had connectors to use the mobo speaker pins to connect to the sound card and have the beeps play thru the sound card and speakers instead of the case beeper. No fancy wave files or anything, but it was cool at the time. Maybe it was one of the Awe cards or the SB Live!, the last series to have an amp built in the card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts