Overclock.net banner

Started Folding for OCN need some help.

198 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Cubeman
I've read both stickys and another thread about what folding is and how to start. I decided to join in on the fun but i have a few questions

1.I downloaded the console version of it so i can get Fahmon working. It says my PPD is 182.63 (I have a q6600 running at 3.0ghz) I see that many GPU's have a much higher and seen that some q6600 have much higher PPD's.

2. I have a rig not being used with a AMD 4850e and XFX 8600GT. i want to use it for folding. Do i download GPU2 and SMP so that both the processor and GPU get used? (Read that running both would be better then just having the GPU or CPU just going)

^ Going to go buy an extra ethernet cable later today to hook it up. Lost my other one
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
i would just use that amd rig as a dedicated folding machine vs using just 2 cores from the q66 you will get more ppd and bragging rights as you ahve a folding machine lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by DjQurt View Post
i would just use that amd rig as a dedicated folding machine vs using just 2 cores from the q66 you will get more ppd and bragging rights as you ahve a folding machine lol
Yep thats the plan. Then again i'm doing folding for the
and the fact it gives my old computers a use.
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.