Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey up everyone.

So i had been trying one or two things on my rig in the sig but its not benefitting me much, and rather than upgrade one bit and with my money situation with bills i decided to get rid whilst i had a good offer - so its now gone.

I am however now out of some of my predicaments and have a laptop to use over the next few weeks whilst i buy my parts for the new rig
wey hey.. and o'clocking will be on the ajenda.

So here goes, please could you give me suggestions.

im wanting to go intel again, was thinking of the i7 930 for around £150 - £170 and th gigabyte board at ccl for around £150 ish... and the cooling im open to suggestions, im going to be wanting it on air only.

My first purchase will be the case, obviously i have overclocking in mind and would like a good case for that job, can anyone recommend me a good case around the £80 - £100 mark? without psu of course.

I will keep my eye on this thread and let you know as funds progress, so far im ready to order the new case
- so please do let me know, im physically ready to order... help me the get the ball rolling.

Thanks.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I wouldn't order anything until you have funds for total project. Learned this hard way when noticed build total woulda been 10-15% cheaper from price drops overtime.

Also most retailer in store no hassle return policy is only 30 days, so if you take longer than that getting all pieces together and have a part fail, you have to deal with Manufacturer which can be a pain in the wazoo.

I know that's kind of OT from what you asked and if you know that already, please disregard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChris2233 View Post
I wouldn't order anything until you have funds for total project. Learned this hard way when noticed build total woulda been 10-15% cheaper from price drops overtime.

Also most retailer in store no hassle return policy is only 30 days, so if you take longer than that getting all pieces together and have a part fail, you have to deal with Manufacturer which can be a pain in the wazoo.

I know that's kind of OT from what you asked and if you know that already, please disregard.
I understand what your saying - definatley that would be the best choice, however - i aint good at saving like that, so i thought ill get the basics out of the way, the case, the monitors, the psu, then get the board and cpu together, ram and other bits after - its to serve me for a while and i have other means of access to the net for now so all being well, i just want to get the ball rolling, then in another two weeks, ill be getting my psu and lcd's and so on...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
futhermore, i understand what your saying but i mainly use one source thats ok... the fundamentals will be last part anyhow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts