Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I didn't make a good choice going with kingwin awc-1 wc kit (it was easy to get one started for sure though). Now I am starting over. I have gathered up the parts. Althought they are not top top notch components, I expect good performance from them given what I've read here so far

Swiftech MCW6002-775 CPU
Maze 4 GPU
BIX2 rad
MCP650 pump

The place didn't carry dd blocks for LGA775, otherwise I'd have gotten a TDX...

I'm going to get some more parts then hook it up this weekend. Will post some temp :toast:

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Get a Double heatercore instead of the Black X crap, just as good if not better performance and significantly cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Get a Double heatercore instead of the Black X crap, just as good if not better performance and significantly cheaper.
MUCH better performance from a heatercore. Other than the looks, the BIP, or BIX are totally useless. They suffer from very poor airflow and are more restrictive than a heatercore.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I read a lot of good stuff about hc. I figure I'll start with something more intermediate, then move to building a rad from hc. I compared some numbers, and looks like BIX2 has one of the top cooling rate (1580KCal/hr) for dual 120mm rad

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Numbers are one thing, personal experience is another, and frankly I'd take Lando's word on it

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after running this setup for 3 days, I'm happy to say the performance is not too shabby: 36C idle and 48C load. Not the best of temps, but way better than my old kingwin awc-1. The system is quiet even with two 120mm fan blower over ext rad (vantec stealth+BIX2). I also added the MCX159 NB cooler that pushed my oc just a tad more. The MCP650 pump gives massive flow and pressure. when I bleeded it the water whipped through the hose

Once I'm steady with this, next in line is prob a dual 120 hc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts