Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently got some new parts for my wife to do a new build for her. When I assembled it, I installed windows 7 pro, and then I installed the motherboard drivers. Maybe a good 20 minutes afterwards I got a blue screen saying "memory management" near the top. After this, every time the windows logo was just beginning to form the computer would crash and restart. Sometimes during the crash it would be a very quick blue screen, but now it just shows some weird ass pixels everywhere and restarts.

I have tried running the repair as well as booting in safe mode, but they never make it far before it crashes. I may end up trying a reformat, but I'm worried that too will crash. I was hoping I could get some insight as to possible solutions before I attempt the reformat. I couldn't find any solutions that worked for me on the internet so I come to you. I will note that I had a previous computer that was running the same PSU and Video card and it functioned flawlessly. It was after I purchased the mobo, memory, processor, and SSD that I have had issues.

I have already tried re-seating the graphics card, all the PSU connectors, and RAM. Additionally, I have tried each stick of ram by itself in each of the two (Mini ITX mobo) RAM slots.

I appreciate any help you can afford to me. Thanks gents!

·
RIP OCN
652 Posts
can you provide a bit more info? specs of the build?
maybe try run sfc from a windows setup repair and see if everything is ok with the windows os files.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Specs are as follows:

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 Mini ITX. Socket 1151

Intel Core i5-6500

G.Skill Ripjaws V series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 2400

Corsair RM650 PSU

EVGA GTX 950 SSC Gaming

I don't feel like I will be able to run SFC if I can't even get into safe mode with command prompt or the repair bootup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts