Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my computer less than 2 months ago, and ive been having a lot of problems. Lately, it takes about 5 minutes for the computer to get to the desktop on startup. I thought this would be fixed by a reformat, but it wasn't. This leads me to believe that is is a problem with my components. My onboard sound doesn't work either, even after a reformat. What is the problem? I'm tired of waiting for 5-10 minutes just for my computer to start up.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Make sure your chipset drivers are up to date. Same goes for the onboard sound... Also check your BIOS to make sure it's enabled. You might want to try clearing your CMOS and see if that brings everything up to speed as well.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Do you have all the appropriate power connectors attached to the MB?
Also... you say OB sound but I see a "Steel Sound USB" which may cause a conflict if you are mixing analog and USB sound devices. Try removing the "Steel" and see if the issue is resolved. If so check with the mfg. for that issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.