Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:swearing: :swearing: :swearing: I just bought this game and i didnt relize you gotta pay a monthy fee to play it ***, what a rippoff it dont say anywhere on the box you gotta pay a monthy fee to play it errrr

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
And let's not forget that they will continue charging your card indefinitely until you cancel your subscription (or whatever it's called), and they'll make it damn impossible for you to even figure out how to cancel, let alone make it actually happen....and Mr. CSR Bill C will be a lot less talkative when it comes to matters of cancelling than he is right now in matters of talking you into forking over your personal information.

Man, sorry about the bum deal. But yeah, whenever I buy a new game, I first look for an internet connection requirement (I just feel like I'm getting more if I know the possibility for multiplayer exists), and then I look for any sort of disclaimer about required payment. I'll be damned if I'll ever pay to play a game that I already payed for (maybe I'm just spoiled by the like of Bungie, ESO and Codemasters
).

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

And let's not forget that they will continue charging your card indefinitely until you cancel your subscription (or whatever it's called), and they'll make it damn impossible for you to even figure out how to cancel, let alone make it actually happen....and Mr. CSR Bill C will be a lot less talkative when it comes to matters of cancelling than he is right now in matters of talking you into forking over your personal information.

Man, sorry about the bum deal. But yeah, whenever I buy a new game, I first look for an internet connection requirement (I just feel like I'm getting more if I know the possibility for multiplayer exists), and then I look for any sort of disclaimer about required payment. I'll be damned if I'll ever pay to play a game that I already payed for (maybe I'm just spoiled by the like of Bungie, ESO and Codemasters
).

Yeah well i took the game back and thankfully they accepted the game even tho i opened it without charging me a 15% restocking fee, but i had to get another game so i got the game painkiller since they wouldnt refund the cash, but yeah i agree i mean i have credit cards but like you said ill be damned if ima put my information on the line for some game no way. Its a freaking scam is all it is but anyhow all is good now

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Yeah, I refuse to pay a monthly fee as well. That's a bunch of crap IMO. There are thousands of games that feature online play, yet only a handful that charge. ***??? I am a StarWars fan and would love to play Galaxies, but 30 bucks a month, I don't think so.

Edit: I just looked at the website, and it does not mention anywhere how much the cost is for online play. Now that's false advertising.

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

That BS man, You did good with the tech guy, I would have riped him till he hung up.

I got a little bent in the online help chat as you could see lol but anyhow that sucks you gotta pay monthy i mean what fun is it to charge people a monthly fee i mean what they charge a month cost almost as much as my cable internet lol

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by |2A|N

I got a little bent in the online help chat as you could see lol but anyhow that sucks you gotta pay monthy i mean what fun is it to charge people a monthly fee i mean what they charge a month cost almost as much as my cable internet lol

Im going to go off topic for a min here.

I pay $55 a month just for the cable internet part. (Time Warner Road Runner)
I think thats way too high, and they should break these cable companies up to make it more competitive.

What do you guys pay?

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

I think thats way too high, and they should break these cable companies up to make it more competitive.

What do you guys pay?

I Pay 39 a month for 3mb download 512kb upload with CoxCable
If you dont have your own modem its 49 a month.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

What do you guys pay?

I pay $60 for a Satellite connection 2.5Mb (Tweaked) Down / 56-100k up, it's the only broadband I can get in the boonies where I live.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

I pay $60 for a Satellite connection 2.5Mb (Tweaked) Down / 56-100k up, it's the only broadband I can get in the boonies where I live.

Were getting Hosed by these people. $720 a year

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by |2A|N

I Pay 39 a month for 3mb download 512kb upload with CoxCable
If you dont have your own modem its 49 a month.

That's what I have.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Cox here for like 39 bucks too. And I must say its a reasonable price for what I am getting. Everytime I bench my connection its 3.8 mb/s. Its blazing and I couldnt ask for more. I think I reach the maximum speed because I live 6 blocks from the main office.

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool glad to see you 2 have same internet as me
and yes cox is very good price for the money

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Rain, painkiller is kinda fun...great for merciless bloodbaths that tend to make me feel better after dealing with moronic service and sales people...heheh

A decent soundtrack, and cool effects, Painkiller isnt all that bad..just an outdated engine.

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Rain, painkiller is kinda fun...great for merciless bloodbaths that tend to make me feel better after dealing with moronic service and sales people...heheh

A decent soundtrack, and cool effects, Painkiller isnt all that bad..just an outdated engine.

Honestly i think painkiller is better than Doom 3, Its pretty wicked with the sound effects
I turned into a demon and whiped like 15 demons out lol it owned but i died like 30 minutes into the game i shall try again tomorrow after work

·
Registered
424 Posts
Did you know that Galaxies is up for a free download? so you can have a 14 day trail without having to buy the game, ofcourse you still have to put in cc details but atleast you don't have to buy the game. I'm sure you can get it from fileplanet I had it and played for 1 hour then took it off I knew I wasn't going to be paying for the sub

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That is the one thing about mmorpgs that is srupid... You always have to pay a fee to play the game... Look at FFXI its like 12.99 a month per character. I understand they have to keep up with their servers but come on... Thats why I never play any of them. Join me in OCAE (Overclockers against EverCRACK) LOL.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts