Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the cooler master masterliquid 240 Lite and i like it, i use Arctic P12 PWM pst fans and they are really good

I wanted to have more cooling power for my ryzen 7 2700x (im gonna change to a ryzen 4000), so i bought 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans.

A couple of thing i can say about the noctua fans they are very expensive and somehow more noisy, since i can hear some noise i didn't hear with the arctic p12 pwm pst fans, mostly above low speed 900-1000rpm or higher but also general i feel the fans are not as silent as the arctic P12 fans, even at 1800rpm the arctic fans are more silent than the nocuta at 1500rpm

The 2 i used are now used as case fans together with arctic p14 pwm fans

Now to my big question, which static pressure fans are better than the Arctic PWM pst fans and with no hum,high pitched noise, what so ever, i don't want to buy Notcua NF-A12x25 fans, i think they are way to expensive

·
Registered
516 Posts
There isnt any, other than the nf a12x25. The p12 are the next best thing after them. The p12s are almost as good as a12x25, despite price difference, brand and ppl being skeptical about them.

Watch this after min 11:40

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,074 Posts
There isnt any, other than the nf a12x25. The p12 are the next best thing after them. The p12s are almost as good as a12x25, despite price difference, brand and ppl being skeptical about them.

Watch this after min 12:00
https://youtu.be/WBoLyC0tSDQ

A12x25, and GTs are the only fans I'd rank as top tier.

Not sure about the noiseblocker eloop though.

Want to try the P12 tbh. I wish they sell the P12 CO (double ball) in packs of 3 or 5 though :[

·
Registered
516 Posts
P12, A12x25, and GTs are the only fans I'd rank as top tier.

Not sure about the noiseblocker eloop though.
Eloops are a bit on the noisy side compared to them. And i do agree with you.

They are very similar in performance, because they are very similar in design.

The A12x25 it's literally a copy of the GT and the p12 emulates that very well with less blades.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have the cooler master masterliquid 240 Lite and i like it, i use Arctic P12 PWM pst fans and they are really good

I wanted to have more cooling power for my ryzen 7 2700x (im gonna change to a ryzen 4000), so i bought 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans.
buy a better cooler not faster noiser fans.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,074 Posts
Eloops are a bit on the noisy side compared to them. And i do agree with you.

They are very similar in performance, because they are very similar in design.

The A12x25 it's literally a copy of the GT and the p12 emulates that very well with less blades.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Issue is P12 looks like it's made from cheap plastic from the pictures, I haven't had the time to buy one and test myself though.

At what application does the NB Eloop beat the GT and A12x25? Video shows that the directional air is straight / uniform instead of most fans dispersing the airflow over wider area. Though I don't think this would matter much on a radiator or case fan use where all slots are filled (ie: if panel can support 3 fans, we populate all).

·
Premium Member
26,934 Posts

A couple of thing i can say about the noctua fans they are very expensive and somehow more noisy, since i can hear some noise i didn't hear with the arctic p12 pwm pst fans, mostly above low speed 900-1000rpm or higher but also general i feel the fans are not as silent as the arctic P12 fans, even at 1800rpm the arctic fans are more silent than the nocuta at 1500rpm

The 2 i used are now used as case fans together with arctic p14 pwm fans

Now to my big question, which static pressure fans are better than the Arctic PWM pst fans and with no hum,high pitched noise, what so ever, i don't want to buy Notcua NF-A12x25 fans, i think they are way to expensive
NF-A12x25 are one of the very best, but also very expensive. While their impeller looks similar to GT, it is definitley not the same impeller. Noctua spent several years developing NF-A12x25 impeller getting an impeller with very close clearance to housing and minding a material that didn't stretch / expand out as rpm increased and rub on housing.

What are your 2700x temps? Even better what were they with P12 at same speed / noise level as NF-F12? I ask because results is a good comparsion test to gain knowledge of Arctic P fan performance, noise levels, etc. Do you per-chance have a sound meter?

If you can't keep CPU cool enough with these fans the problem is probably not the fans, but your CLC. CLC use the cheapest possilbe waterblocks and cheapest possible pumps with no publish specs. So we have no idea what their flow and lift (pressure) ratings are. Almost all fans have pressure and flowrate in their specs, but there are only a couple CLCs that publish this information. Indepenent testing has found they flow about 40-60L/h, about the same flow as health adult urinates. By comparison AIOs like be quiet! Silent Loop, Aisbaer AIOs use an Alphacool DC-LT pump rated 100L/h and up to 0.6m H2O lift. Swiftech H220 pump is rate 1050L/h and 4.4m H2O lift, and new Drive X3 pump is rated 660L/h and 2.8m H2O lift. Most popular custom loop pump, the D5, is rated up to 1500L/h and up to 3.9m H2O lift.

Long story short, your problem could easily be your CLC can't draw heat away from CPU fast enough and/or can't move that heated water to radiator fast enough.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
buy a better cooler not faster noiser fans.
I completely agree with this and recommend the same.

Did we pass into an alternate universe?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im gonna return the cpu tomorrow.

I get at 4.0ghz around 85-90c and mosfet can go as high as 100 c or more, 200 or more watt being used in different stress test

Stock it only boost up to 3850mhz, that's why i tried 3.9,4.0 and 4.1ghz but also beaoce my goal was above 3.9ghz

I considered an air cooler to get more airflow around the vrm and mosfet but thought it would make more sense to go for a ryzen 3600 since i has an adequate cooler for that cpu.

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Coolermasters AiO is straight out weak, 100C on mosfet sounds like either garbage tier VRM or air trapped in the case. Or both.

·
Space Cadet
455 Posts
The fractal Prisma AL-12 has a static pressure of 2.78mmH20 seems pretty high with DB 32.7

·
Registered
314 Posts

I get at 4.0ghz around 85-90c and mosfet can go as high as 100 c or more, 200 or more watt being used in different stress test

Stock it only boost up to 3850mhz, that's why i tried 3.9,4.0 and 4.1ghz but also beaoce my goal was above 3.9ghz

I considered an air cooler to get more airflow around the vrm and mosfet but thought it would make more sense to go for a ryzen 3600 since i has an adequate cooler for that cpu.

What motherboard and case do you have?

·
Fix it till its broke
700 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,934 Posts

As others have said (and I hinted at, but wanted more info) your CLC is a big part of your problem. All top tier air cooler cool better, even some mid-level coolers are better

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Your hitting 3850 because of either PPT, TDC, EDC or CPU temperature has hit their limits.

Run the stress test with ryzen master open to see what limit is being hit.

I'm guessing your using a pretty crap mobo to be getting 100C on the mosfets

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your hitting 3850 because of either PPT, TDC, EDC or CPU temperature has hit their limits.

Run the stress test with ryzen master open to see what limit is being hit.

I'm guessing your using a pretty crap mobo to be getting 100C on the mosfets
I want more than 3850 mhz, i have tried 3900,4000 and 4100mhz on all cores

Theres 10c offset in CPUID HWMonitor and HWINFO64

At 4000mhz i can easily get 100c or more on the mosfet and 90 on the cpu (real temp 80) with every fan on max around 200 watt or more, highest i had it was 227watt as fare as i remember.

I wanted a ryzen system until ryzen 4000 comes out, a 2700x for my taste it just uses too much power, my mb is fine with even for a stock ryzen 9 3900x https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview#

The mb is just under a Msi X470 gaming pro carbon mb

What is a better cpu cooler if i ever need one for max oc of a ryzen 3600 or 4600 ? I just don't wannt get a Noctua NH-D15 or something for £150 or 160-170 euros

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
I want more than 3850 mhz, i have tried 3900,4000 and 4100mhz on all cores
Ok...why? What great gains do you assume you will be seeing between 3850 and 4000?

And more importantly, you need to figure out why you are getting awful temps on multiple components. You have far more going on than changing fans on a CLC will set right.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts