Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've noticed the Steam backup doesn't let you back up 3rd party mods (the ones you download from places other than Steam). If I just back up my whole Steam folder (copy paste into external HD), will that back them up, and will I be able to just copy paste back to the computer, and be ready to go?

·
Bod ***s rock
22,856 Posts
copy and paste the steamapps folder then when you format reinstall steam then copy and paste the steamapps folder back restart steam and all your programs should be there ready to be updated

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Conley View Post
So, I've noticed the Steam backup doesn't let you back up 3rd party mods (the ones you download from places other than Steam). If I just back up my whole Steam folder (copy paste into external HD), will that back them up, and will I be able to just copy paste back to the computer, and be ready to go?
I just copy my entire "Valve" folder as found under C:/program Files/Valve to a backup drive. If i do a fresh OS install, transfer to different pc, etc. just copy the file back run steam.exe it downloads a few files for registry and other mis. files and ready to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.