Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally bought a game that I forgot was in my cart yesterday when I bought the Borderlands pack. Contacted support, and they just gave me a refund in the form of credit on steam, which is fine.

Funny, since I had always read they don't do it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Good times, man.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn
View Post

If you had ever run the game, they wouldn't have.

Yeah, I knew that much. I never even bothered to download it.

Now I have a $60 credit. What do I buy?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipwnnubletz
View Post

Get yourself Portal 2.

Stupid me! Of course! +1 rep

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh;13130244
is Battlefield 3 going to be on steam? dont see any option to pre-order it yet or anything
frown.gif
I have no doubt that Battlefield 3 will be on Steam. Right now they are doing EA site only to try to get as many preorders as possible (as they won't have to pay Valve for these sales), but they sold a lot of copies of BC2 on Steam. Digital distribution is actually the most dominant form for PC sales at the moment, so there's no way they'd ignore Steam.

I wondered the same thing for BC2, and they had the preorder listed at least a month or two before release. Add in the convenience of pre-loading, and it's a no brainer.
smile.gif

·
Registered
505 Posts
Steam needs to adopt the amazon customer service standard. Anything at all goes wrong and theyre quick to refund your order.

Ive heard a lot of horror stories of how peoples accounts are getting locked out over trivial things.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by channelx99
View Post

Steam needs to adopt the amazon customer service standard. Anything at all goes wrong and theyre quick to refund your order.

Ive heard a lot of horror stories of how peoples accounts are getting locked out over trivial things.

I do not like Amazon any more at all. I did the Book Buy Back since I am a college student, shipped 3 books in one box like I was told. They some how only received 2 out of the 3 and the package was never opened or damaged they said, and fought me tooth and nail to give me my refund.

As for what you should get I agree with Mass Effect 2, but I would get Mass Effect 1 first play through that, then Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 should be coming out later this year. Each game plays off the other and you get special things if you import a game from the previous game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts