Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://steamcommunity.com/games/394230/announcements/detail/611736726916299096
Quote:
Dive solo into Battleborn's Story Mode or bring some friends for up to 5-player co-op in two full episodes, "The Algorithm," and "Void's Edge." Then challenge other players to duke it out in two Competitive Multiplayer Modes: Incursion and Meltdown.

In the Open Beta, you'll start with 7 unlocked heroes and you'll unlock more as you rank up and complete objectives. Experience the natural progression of the game as you unlock heroes, skins, taunts, titles, and more. Test out Battleborn's multiple progression systems where playing either Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer Modes will earn you XP towards temporary Helix augmentations as well as persistent Command Rank and Character Rank levels.

Find out Everything You Need to Know about the Battleborn Open Beta HERE[battleborn.com]. Open Beta concludes on April 18 at 7am PT (2pm UTC)

Experience, character unlocks, and other items earned in-game during Open Beta will not carry over to the retail version.

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
So over the past week, I've heard a lot of people attempting to compare Battleborn to Overwatch...They're not the same game.

Overwatch is 100% PVP, no PVE elements will ever exist.

Battleborn is PVE - Has a full story WITH some PVP elements.

Alpha'd/Beta'd both - Two incredibly different games, two incredibly different play-styles...Two very good products in their own right.

So don't look at Battleborn as just "another" Hero-Moba or whatever they're trying to classify the hero-genre as now - Completely different games.

• Rep+
Reactions: LAKEINTEL

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,662 Posts
I downloaded this the other day, and while being awful at first-person shooters, I was significantly worse at this one than all others. I played a 4-armed (non-sword wielding) thingamajig that shot purple balls at enemies, transported quickly somewhere, and then had a purple aoe-blast thing. I couldn't kill anything for the life of me. I had no idea what the transport did, why my purple ball attacks were doing nothing, and what in the world the aoe did.

When I played as the C-3PO clone I was bad, but not that bad. Is anyone else having a hard time understanding how to control this game?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greydor View Post

When I played as the C-3PO clone I was bad, but not that bad. Is anyone else having a hard time understanding how to control this game?
Watch
It may help you as TotalBiscuit explains some of the mechanics and some other stuff. Or find some one else.

·
PC Evangelist
46,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

So over the past week, I've heard a lot of people attempting to compare Battleborn to Overwatch...They're not the same game.

Overwatch is 100% PVP, no PVE elements will ever exist.

Battleborn is PVE - Has a full story WITH some PVP elements.

Alpha'd/Beta'd both - Two incredibly different games, two incredibly different play-styles...Two very good products in their own right.

So don't look at Battleborn as just "another" Hero-Moba or whatever they're trying to classify the hero-genre as now - Completely different games.
Its like CS:GO vs BF4. Yes they are so very different but if they came out around the same time they really are targeting very similar player base.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greydor View Post

I downloaded this the other day, and while being awful at first-person shooters, I was significantly worse at this one than all others. I played a 4-armed (non-sword wielding) thingamajig that shot purple balls at enemies, transported quickly somewhere, and then had a purple aoe-blast thing. I couldn't kill anything for the life of me. I had no idea what the transport did, why my purple ball attacks were doing nothing, and what in the world the aoe did.

thats funny, thats the first class i played. i dominated in story mode. i tried multi but didnt like it as much, great story game tho

·
Registered
521 Posts
I want to like this game. The skill tree is a little too complicated though. Maybe i'm getting old, but i can't be bothered to learn those skill trees, and weighing my options while playing just feels bad. The art looks great, but the game feels like it lacks punch or feedback. i'm not sure, but shooting things is definitely not satisfying, and the macro game seems bad lacks meaningful decision making. So to put it bluntly not much is drawing me to the game after 2 hours, except for the great art and general polish.

It's definitely fair to compare this to overwatch.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrch View Post

Shadow Word: GEARBOX

Not touching this with a 10 foot pole. Sweating about Homeworld, though.
Yeah because the borderlands series was the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.... Gearbox isn't nearly as bad as half the companies out there. I personally feel they have been pretty solid in the content offerings, and they certainly do better than most when you look at the amount of play you get out of their games for a AAA title.

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio View Post

I want to like this game. The skill tree is a little too complicated though. Maybe i'm getting old, but i can't be bothered to learn those skill trees, and weighing my options while playing just feels bad. The art looks great, but the game feels like it lacks punch or feedback. i'm not sure, but shooting things is definitely not satisfying, and the macro game seems bad lacks meaningful decision making. So to put it bluntly not much is drawing me to the game after 2 hours, except for the great art and general polish.

It's definitely fair to compare this to overwatch.
I wouldn't blame it on getting old, your tastes are just changing. I'm definitely not the teenager I was when I played Final Fantasy Tactics obsessively or poured my life into incredibly complex MUDS that had skill trees that would shame most modern games that're considered stat-heavy. Yet I still love spending hours poring over the skill tree in Path of Exile looking for fun things to do with a new character or digging into games like Rimworld, where a lot of the stuff under the hood has to be felt out through trial and error.

I can't play Eve Online anymore because it'd destroy my life and leave me homeless.

Priorities change. More shooty-shooty and less spreadsheets isn't a bad thing. Just a different thing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillers Inc View Post

Yeah because the borderlands series was the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.... Gearbox isn't nearly as bad as half the companies out there. I personally feel they have been pretty solid in the content offerings, and they certainly do better than most when you look at the amount of play you get out of their games for a AAA title.
I call your fallacy of relative privation and I raise you one Aliens: Colonial Marines, Duke Nukem Forever, Randy Pitchford and Anthony Burch. They're a shady company without an ounce of appreciation for the people who buy their products.

·
Reject the system
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrch View Post

I call your fallacy of relative privation and I raise you one Aliens: Colonial Marines, Duke Nukem Forever, Randy Pitchford and Anthony Burch. They're a shady company without an ounce of appreciation for the people who buy their products.
Triggering me with that A:CM speak. I'm still bitter about this game.

• Rep+
Reactions: LAKEINTEL

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Wow the game is part of a 15 Dollar Humble Bundle offer.

Lol.

·
To The Game
7,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Wow the game is part of a 15 Dollar Humble Bundle offer.

Lol.
Sell much?
tongue.gif

But really, that's a good bundle.

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeit View Post

Sell much?
tongue.gif

But really, that's a good bundle.
Probably one of the best bundles ever. Also new games will be coming next week with no additional cost.

Damn what a bundle.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillers Inc View Post

I personally won't touch gearbox after the nonsense they pulled with Colonial Marines. Nevermind the bad state of the game. It's the reason the game was in a bad state, they misappropriated funds to a borderlands title.

I will never, ever support a company who has such shady practices.

Oh and then there's the season pass nonsense where they don't actually include all theri DLC in, because #microtransactions...but that's nowhere near the level of bad as the former point I brought up.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

I personally won't touch gearbox after the nonsense they pulled with Colonial Marines. Nevermind the bad state of the game. It's the reason the game was in a bad state, they misappropriated funds to a borderlands title.

I will never, ever support a company who has such shady practices.

Oh and then there's the season pass nonsense where they don't actually include all theri DLC in, because #microtransactions...but that's nowhere near the level of bad as the former point I brought up.
Wait, so they put more money into the bigger game. And you consider that ... shady? Maybe I missed something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.