Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

Steam Client

Fixed possible case where Steam would get stuck with "Downloading starting..." when trying to download

Added NTFS check when trying to install Empire: Total War

Added new dialog to inform the user they failed to register a CD key because they do not own a game which is required to register the key (Empire: Total War Special Forces)

Added more download regions for Australia

Fixed several update news links for games going to the wrong page

Added more information to the game launch display when first-time install steps are being ran

Fixed HL2.exe hanging on shutdown

Increased max width of links on game properties dialog (general tab) to match the now wider properties panel.

Fixed the 'launching game' dialog always waiting for user input if there was update news available

Updated localization files for dialog variable changes (fixes %s1 appearing in some languages)

New notification shown when an application is downloaded or updated

Added teamfortress.com, tf2.com, etc. to list of approved chat urls

Fixed case where retail install would be unnecessarily slow

Fixed third-party installers not running if an installer before it failed

Several Steamworks updates

Thank god. I've been waiting forever for the "Download Starting" bug and the HL2.exe stopped working bug to get fixed. Normally i wouldn'tt post this, but this is a biggy.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
thanks for the post. that hle2.exe error has been bugging me for as long as i've had steam

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been hard resetting my desktop every day for forever. This is good news.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Nice job, valve. Now could I please get all of UT3 before the trial expires, please?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I was wondering why when I turned my pc on steam was updating. Awesome stuff the two big updates for me are the Download starting... and hl2.exe crash.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
This has been in beta for the past 2 weeks I think. Works really well, the little popups that tell you Steam is done downloading something are handy. Though Hl2.exe still seems to crash on exit for me.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Thank God! That stupid bug has been pissing me off more than ever lately. "HL2.exe has stopped working" Well no S***, I quit from the game. I mean come on.
/endrant

Sorry for that, its been to long, ever since I have owned Tf2 and half life 2 in x64.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I didnt really see the crash on exit thing that big of a deal. You are already out of game so.... where is the issue? Click whatever and move on. Its like half a second of your time. Eh.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Ugh, it didn't fix the "hl2.exe" crash for me.

·
Premium Member
16,928 Posts
thanks wierdo... some much neeeded updates in there, especially for etw users... what is with the ntfs check tnough, lol.

ps i got a lot of the hl2.exe crashes with l4d. if that happens does it still save game hours played, achievement progress, etc on the steam servers?

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

ps i got a lot of the hl2.exe crashes with l4d. if that happens does it still save game hours played, achievement progress, etc on the steam servers?

Yes, you don't have to worry about that part.

• Rep+
Reactions: -iceblade^

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I had the download hanging bug when trying to download GTA IV, just restart, i get the HL2 thing quite a bit also.. *JaKe*

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
I just installed the update and I'm still getting the "Downloading starting..." nonsense :swearing:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts