Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Patiently awaits iPhone app too
whistle.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kora04 View Post

Yup. Found an app that actually let's you chat with friends not just look at your profile. Free too!
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.flyingpie.steamdroid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5mbHlpbmdwaWUuc3RlYW1kcm9pZCJd
After you enter account info and steamguard make sure that autoreconnect is checked or sometimes it won't connect.
Working great on my rooted Razr! (you don't need root btw)
Umm no thanks, I'm not about to give my steam account info to any third party.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,727 Posts
is this official steam otherwise i will pass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riflepwnage View Post

is this official steam otherwise i will pass
No. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this...unless they're just completely oblivious to the fact that they risk their account/games getting stolen.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by riflepwnage View Post

is this official steam otherwise i will pass
No. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this...unless they're just completely oblivious to the fact that they risk their account/games getting stolen.
Um... it wouldn't be an issue if you have steamguard enabled(every person who has steam should). Iirc Gabe Newell himself said what his steam username and password was at a press conference when they introduced it to show how secure it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
Inputting my Steam details to an unofficial third party app on Android?

LOL, no thanks bro, no thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post

Um... it wouldn't be an issue if you have steamguard enabled(every person who has steam should). Iirc Gabe Newell himself said what his steam username and password was at a press conference when they introduced it to show how secure it is.
Doesn't negate the fact that this app could steal your username and password, then in turn be used to brute force you into several popular sites. EG: Facebook, Gmail...etc..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabytes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post

Um... it wouldn't be an issue if you have steamguard enabled(every person who has steam should). Iirc Gabe Newell himself said what his steam username and password was at a press conference when they introduced it to show how secure it is.
Doesn't negate the fact that this app could steal your username and password, then in turn be used to brute force you into several popular sites. EG: Facebook, Gmail...etc..
True, you have.to consider the gravity of.an application getting.hold of steams chat API though, that is huge. Either they've done it in collaboration with valve, the dev is an ex employee or these are some awesome hackers that could spend their resources much much more effectively. Chances are it is one of the first two, otherwise valve would've taken this down as soon as it showed up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post

True, you have.to consider the gravity of.an application getting.hold of steams chat API though, that is huge. Either they've done it in collaboration with valve, the dev is an ex employee or these are some awesome hackers that could spend their resources much much more effectively. Chances are it is one of the first two, otherwise valve would've taken this down as soon as it showed up.
If it was a collaboration with Valve, they would of bloody well mentioned it without question and it'd be on the official site.

If it was an ex-employee its illegal to use any resources or materials from a previous employer.

Valve just haven't noticed this yet, it's a new app. And no way would I trust giving details to an account that holds my entire games collection on it. Dumbest thing you could do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabytes View Post

Doesn't negate the fact that this app could steal your username and password, then in turn be used to brute force you into several popular sites. EG: Facebook, Gmail...etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post

If it was a collaboration with Valve, they would of bloody well mentioned it without question and it'd be on the official site.
If it was an ex-employee its illegal to use any resources or materials from a previous employer.
Valve just haven't noticed this yet, it's a new app. And no way would I trust giving details to an account that holds my entire games collection on it. Dumbest thing you could do.
^^ Exactly these two. This is nothing but a potentially HUGE honeypot of trouble.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
There is alot of evidence (To lazy to search for it atm) in the newest Steam Client Beta, that Valve is in the process of creating a Steam app for Iphone/Android. There is a post on the Steam forums discussing it.
 

·
SpaceStationGaming
Joined
·
9,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckbandit35 View Post

There is alot of evidence (To lazy to search for it atm) in the newest Steam Client Beta, that Valve is in the process of creating a Steam app for Iphone/Android. There is a post on the Steam forums discussing it.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1080629&page=31

I'm guessing your talking about this thread? Only thread I remember where people talked about it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
Quote:
There's a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change... button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select "Beta Update", and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:

- Fixed roaming game categories and favorite settings being reset
- Added option to set server browser ping rate independently from download rate
- Fixed missing menu item for updating AMD video drivers
- Fixed launching of 64-bit games with "-" in the command line
- Improved in-game overlay compatibility for some 64bit game executables
- Added ability to handle proxies that require "basic" auth when downloading games using the new content system
- Improved support of concurrent user sessions from multiple platforms
- Fixed cloud enabled games sometimes not launching until the client is restarted. Also fixed the Steam client showing a "Waiting for cloud sync" dialog at exit forever when in this state.
- Updates to workshop APIs for upcoming Steamworks games

1/18/2012

- Reverted change that was causing Steam to hang
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2486357

and this thread
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2489876
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top