Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you experiencing download issues with the Steam client? I've been trying to download Borderlands all day, but I am not able to due to second-second fluctuations in download speed (as in one second it's downloading, the other second it's not). It's getting annoying, and I was wondering if this is normal right now.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
well with all the sales going on, I've heard a lot of people having download issues on steam. There's just too much downloading going on at once, curse the sales!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkickninja View Post
well with all the sales going on, I've heard a lot of people having download issues on steam. There's just too much downloading going on at once, curse the sales!
This. I just got L4D + L4D2 for £18, teeheehee

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkickninja View Post
I'm about to make a comment that could be totally naïve and wrong, but doesn't Steam operate somewhat like a bittorent client?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
its because of the sales. patience my firend.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzogreg View Post
I'm about to make a comment that could be totally naïve and wrong, but doesn't Steam operate somewhat like a bittorent client?
No. It is not a bittorrent.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post
I can't even purchase mine to even have a CHANCE to download it.
may i ask why? thats weird.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
It was doing the same thing when I tried to get TQ, but, it seems to be working now. I would just give it some time. I tried pausing and unpausing with no results

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakDown
View Post

may i ask why? thats weird.

It keeps denying my card. I sent an issue through support, but by the time they get through to me, the sale will be over.

My card was used earlier today, so it can't be a bank issue. I even contacted them to make sure.

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraNova
View Post

It keeps denying my card. I sent an issue through support, but by the time they get through to me, the sale will be over.

My card was used earlier today, so it can't be a bank issue. I even contacted them to make sure.

Can you use PayPal?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraNova
View Post

cant you use paypal?

you could also open a post explaning your situation, maybe someone getting a 4 pack will help you out, he only has to save it untill you pay him.

sorry to hear.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
yeah, i had that problem. i had a start up problem too when getting TF2.

got DoD:source today with no problem tho.

for 3 dollars!!! i should be saving my money but steam is not helping

also, envious of the 1mb/s download rate. i think if i'm lucky i get 160kb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts