Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

The other day i wanted to buy a game off steam but it would not work and would give me a error message

I contacted steam and it turns out it had been flagged by steams fraud prevention system.

So i confirm my details etc,Then i get another message saying this

Quote:
Hello Sunny,

The lock on your account has been removed - you will be able to purchase an additional subscription.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if you encounter any further difficulty.
So i go ahead and try to buy Batman AA again but i stil lget the same error message

Am i doing something wrong?

It says "you will be able to purchase an additional subscription."

How do i do that and what does it mean?

Thnx

·
Registered
426 Posts
It sounds like fraud to me,why call you sunny?
be careful who you give your bank/address details to.have you contacted steam over this.

Someone maybe trying to get your bank details,before you go any further contact steam.

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipar26 View Post
be careful who you give your bank/address details to.have you contacted steam over this.
Lol

No

What i mean is

I was talking to steam

They have anti fraud system where they lock ur account to protect from fraud sometimes

They call me sunny because thts my name

And steam staff basically said i should be able to buy games and purchase additonal subscription now that thhey unlocked it

But what is additonal subscription?

Ty

·
Registered
426 Posts
OK sorry i didn't know that your name was sunny,never heard of anyone called sunny before.
additional subscription I'm not sure what they mean by that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipar26
View Post

Someone maybe trying to get your bank details,before you go any further contact steam.

I busted out laughing ... good to hear you have your stuff working again.

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Yea this happened to me before too. What sucks is that they don't tell you that your account is locked because of the fraud system, but instead expect you to figure it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts