Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four mods have been given special access to the Steamworks SDK, and will be releasing future versions over Steam. The first will be that of co-op HL2 mod Synergy this Friday.

I would also like to inform you that we will be releasing Synergy and future updates through Steam! Valve Software has allowed us to do so by giving us access to the Steamworks SDK.

We are honored to be one of the four first selected mods to be given this opportunity. We will certainly put this to good use!

For you players, this means that you will see Achievements and Stats coming to Synergy in later updates. (Not to mention the automatic updates, provided by Steam.)

This plugs the final gap in Steam's handling and presentation of mods; now they are to all intents and purposes they are free games, including, apparently, support for sub-mods. Previously mod teams had been told they were too small for Valve to support, and before that that their work was one day going to be distributed over Steam's Peer-to-Peer network…Friday has been a long time coming!

The names of the other three mods aren't currently known to anyone I've spoken with, though I strongly suspect that Minerva is one of them and that they're all for Source. Keep an eye on this discussion thread if you're interested.

Although Steamworks doesn't by itself give a game a presence in the Steam store, the more popular mods are already listed and are unlikely to be removed just to comply with Valve's rules for commercial games. Chances are that the other three mods will all be on that list already - in fact discard those for HL1 and those not under active development and there are only a handful to choose from:

OK, we have the list (thanks AciD):

* Age of Chivalry

* D.I.P.R.I.P.

* Insurgency

* Zombie Panic: Source

Mathematicians among us will notice that that makes five mods overall. Hmm.

http://steamreview.org/posts/steamworksmod/

Valve FTW

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
But i was a Fan of Sven Co-op
beta testest and Helped run the HellzKitche4n Coop Servers for a Lonnnng time

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
I want to see some Golden Eye Source support NAO

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
I love Synergy. Iz leetsauce

·
Registered
328 Posts
yay for synergy!

edit: and ya, synergy is basically co-op HL2. depending on what servers you play on anyway. there are a few that are dedicated strictly to HL2, but most others are custom maps/missions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.