Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have total war hard copy that has to be activated through steam, Anyhow
when I go to activate it I get this?
" STEAM server is to busy at the moment to handle your request please try again later"

That's BS!

Just one more reason I'll never give steam any business

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Just curious, what other reasons wont you give Steam your business?

Also, when did you last try? You might want to delete your clientreg.blob file if it keeps not working.

I like Steam it's handy, but at the same time annoying because I cant sell my games.

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
Call your interwebs and tell them you hate them because you have to rent their cable modem for $2/month to access the interwebs you already pay for.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkNite
View Post

Just curious, what other reasons wont you give Steam your business?

Also, when did you last try? You might want to delete your clientreg.blob file if it keeps not working.

I like Steam it's handy, but at the same time annoying because I cant sell my games.

There's a few reasons not being able to sell them is one I don't want to get into it now, tell you what only way I'd ever buy off steam is if I lived 2000 miles form the nearest store.

clientreg.blob file the game should of already been installed now I have to find a file

And I like steam on my mirror not on my PC.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Frankly you're just being a cry baby.
Also, wrong board. This belongs in Rants and Raves. It's not a question and it isn't discussing a PC game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambow70
View Post

yea i know! i hate how you have to have internet to play games to you bought it that means you should be able to play it 100% of the time it is yours....

Offline mode.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendaryC View Post
Frankly you're just being a cry baby.
Also, wrong board. This belongs in Rants and Raves. It's not a question and it isn't discussing a PC game.

Offline mode.
How do you figure it's not talking about a game issue, game is not installing HELLO!
Are you an Admin, Then move it to Rants and Raves otherwise shove off and don't post for no reason!

Don't tell me you would be pissed spend $70 bucks on a game to play instead I'm searching the steam forums trying to figure out how to fix a steam issue.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've uninstalled steam twice I've tried everything, steam says it's installing and puts a short cut on my desktop for the game when I click it nothing happens?

Steam shows it's registered but it never lets the game install

EDIT: Another guy at total war fourms is having the same problem, Hes been tring to resolve it with steam all day and the don't answer him...LMAO

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rambow70
View Post

yea i know! i hate how you have to have internet to play games to you bought it that means you should be able to play it 100% of the time it is yours....

Ever heard of Offline Mode?

And that sucks, I've never had that problem before. Hope it gets fixed soon...

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a lot of pissed off people they think it's Steam, Come to find out it's Sega that screw up.

Problem,
The Bestbuy special forces edition's are missing the CD key and the only key in the box is the extra content key.

Get this the extra content key get's accepted where the CD key goes and starts installing, Steam shows it's registered, but then the install fails after.

And when you try clicking on the game steam pops up and no install, That's why steam is getting blamed for it.

Anyhow Steam still suck.

·
Premium Member
16,928 Posts
sorry dude. try restartiing the pc. else you'll just have to wait.

steam aren't as great as everyone makes it out to be. i used to think so but now...

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22 View Post
Steam is allright,

Windows live sucks
true... I hate how the new file transfer protocol works... saying that every damn file is dangerous and that irritating image preview shat that can't be disabled...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts