Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed my password on steam and now I can not log onto steam because it says my account was not found. After reading around the internet I found the only way this seems to be repairable is to send in a support ticket and wait many days. Before I go waiting many days locked out of my many games I wanted to see if anyone here knows a better way to fix this. Or if not can I get around not being able to log in to play my games?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
if you changed your steam name that could be the issue

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkatt;14263132
if you changed your steam name that could be the issue
No it was just the password. My account name is still the same and I've tried my community name just in case but that isn't it either.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Out of interest why did you change the password?

You didn't click on a fake steam email did you
wth.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: UbNub

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbob1234;14263176
Out of interest why did you change the password?

You didn't click on a fake steam email did you
wth.gif
No. I changed it through Steam. And I changed it because my old password was idiotically easy. I just felt like my games weren't safe enough as my game library grew.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Same happened with me. I'd hadn't log into Steam in over a month because I sold my laptop and now in the process of building new computer. So I put it together and installed Steam. It kept giving me that error too, That account is not found. Seems like a lot of people are having that problem and yeah, the only solution I've seen is they've put in a ticket and waited 3-4 days to get a password reset. Some have said that the password reset didn't work for them also. I can log into the Steam website but I can't log into Steam itself.

Most of the problem that caused this was the recent update, for most of the people that got this error.

·
Premium Member
22,343 Posts
Where does it say account not found? AFAIK, the "incorrect password" message says something generic like "account not found or password incorrect". If that's the case, you probably just entered your new password in wrong (caps lock on?).

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Ahh get ya
smile.gif
wasnt 12345 was it
tongue.gif

You will need to submit a ticket and they will want proof of your account.

They asked me "what was my last purchase?, How did I pay for it?"

And paid for it all by paypal so they asked for a order number and they fixed it all within 24 hrs
smile.gif

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRO-Bot;14263228
Same happened with me. I'd hadn't log into Steam in over a month because I sold my laptop and now in the process of building new computer. So I put it together and installed Steam. It kept giving me that error too, That account is not found. Seems like a lot of people are having that problem and yeah, the only solution I've seen is they've put in a ticket and waited 3-4 days to get a password reset. Some have said that the password reset didn't work for them also. I can log into the Steam website but I can't log into Steam itself.

Most of the problem that caused this was the recent update, for most of the people that got this error.
I can't get into the main website. I tried doing "retrieve Account Info" because I thought maybe I was putting my new password in wrong but then it said that the account did not exist.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000;14263241
Where does it say account not found? AFAIK, the "incorrect password" message says something generic like "account not found or password incorrect". If that's the case, you probably just entered your new password in wrong (caps lock on?).
It's when you try to retrieve account info to reset your password through Steam. You put in your account name then it'll says, that account does not exist. But yeah, if you try to log in then that's what it says.

It's just funny that I can log into their website but can't log into Steam.

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbob1234;14263248
Ahh get ya
smile.gif
wasnt 12345 was it
tongue.gif

You will need to submit a ticket and they will want proof of your account.

They asked me "what was my last purchase?, How did I pay for it?"

And paid for it all by paypal so they asked for a order number and they fixed it all within 24 hrs
smile.gif
mine used to be 54321, no joke.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts