Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a slight edit to the title because it's been brought back from the dead.
Quote:
The War Z is now available for purchase on Steam. Valve and Hammerpoint Interactive collaborated to address community feedback, update the Steam store page, and make the title available for purchase worldwide. In addition, a patch has been released to update existing customers.
LMAO! Valve and the developer has some nerves. They put this train wreck back on steam. DO NOT buy this seriously.

Source

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelund View Post

If they convinced Valve, then either they got their act together, or they are really great conartists.
If you see, all they did was change the banner.There is no mention from valve that this game was removed or "broken" or fixed. I would avoid this at all cost if I were you. The screenshots are the same as the original I believe.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5entinel View Post

LMAO! Valve and the developer has some nerves. They put this train wreck back on steam. DO NOT buy this seriously.

Source
If it's advertised the right way this time (without lies), I see no issue. Nobody is making anyone buy this.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

Quote:

Source
If it's advertised the right way this time (without lies), I see no issue. Nobody is making anyone buy this.
See above - I believe the screenshots are the same as what the original version of the game had.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Quote:
I see what you did there.
Honestly, I don't even know who's going to buy this game at all given the events that got it taken down before.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
why wont this game just bury itself in a hole and never come out. the game is full of lies and false advertising. it is a copy and paste of The War Inc.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFTW View Post

This is a lie, Steam store in the UK does not let me purchase it.

Thats good right?
lucky

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

Quote:
I see what you did there.
Honestly, I don't even know who's going to buy this game at all given the events that got it taken down before.
Pun intended
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

Quote:

Does this link work?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226700/?snr=1_7_15__13
Now he's going to try and buy it. You should be fired for helping people to make terrible decisions.
biggrin.gif
lol it was just a test to see if others could see the game
tongue.gif

·
Registered
425 Posts
The main problem with this game, as far as I am concerned (and regarding Steam) was false advertizing - in the sense of saying certain features were in the game, when they clearly weren't.

On the game itself - for 13EUR (or however it was in USD), the game provided much more entertainment for me than many other, more expensive titles. And it still does.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomalak View Post

The main problem with this game, as far as I am concerned (and regarding Steam) was false advertizing - in the sense of saying certain features were in the game, when they clearly weren't.

On the game itself - for 13EUR (or however it was in USD), the game provided much more entertainment for me than many other, more expensive titles. And it still does.
Why would you encourage their dishonest tactics by buying the game?

Arma II has been on sale for $12, and you can get the real Day Z mod, not the blatant ripoff, and show your support for the original creators.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

Why would you encourage their dishonest tactics by buying the game?

Arma II has been on sale for $12, and you can get the real Day Z mod, not the blatant ripoff, and show your support for the original creators.
I play both. Bought Combined Ops (or however it's called) and started playing DayZ quite a long time ago, and have been playing it happily ever since.

Both games have their pros and cons, DayZ provides a more "realistic" experience (if you can call it that - atmosphere, landscape and such), not to mention vehicles and a lot of custom mods/maps. At the same time, it has terrible mechanics, especially inventory management, zombie movement behavior is really bad, and Arma engine is not the best performance-wise.

WarZ on the other hand provides a more compact, action filled, "arcade" experience.

I can honestly say I enjoy both. And I will be getting DayZ standalone when it comes out.

My point was - WarZ is quite ok for the amount of money I paid for it. If the game suddenly stopped existing today, I still got enough hours out of it to feel satisfied.

EDIT: fixed some mistakes.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
As Gabe mentioned, he wants Steam to do it's own thing without a moderating body preventing games from being pushed on Steam. I personally don't care for this, however we live in a capitalist world so you have to make due.

The way I see it, if you're stupid enough to buy this game, you deserve to get burnt.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts