Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this mouse? Steelseries is having a 25% off sale and I'm wondering if I should pick this up. Final price is $25, but I'm not sure about shipping. Is this worth it, or should I buy another MX518?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NguyenAdam
View Post

How is this mouse? Steelseries is having a 25% off sale and I'm wondering if I should pick this up. Final price is $25, but I'm not sure about shipping. Is this worth it, or should I buy another MX518?

I am using the White Ikari Laser and I feel this is the best mouse I have ever used, quality, software, and durability. I have owned the G500 Razer Death Adder Razer Copperhead and some other crappy mouse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qcktthfm1
View Post

I'm using ikari laser. It is my most comfortable mouse so far. My pinky can rest on the side. The only drawback is a little bit hard to lift it off to reposition it (may be my hand is small)

What do u have 3rd grade hand strength? Id say I have relatively small hands lift is no problem for me..

·
Registered
698 Posts
its a very good mouse really and it was a rifleman's mouse.

bad thing for me is i'm actually quite rough with my fingers to the mouse and when i clicked extremely hard on the mouse during a very fast"tap-fire" sequence. the shell(casing) of the mouse gets stick onto the bottom shell of the mouse. hence reducing my rate of tapping fire. Well that was just me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would the ikari be comfortable for small hands? I had the Mionix Naos 3200 which looks very similar to the ikari. How much does it weigh compared to the Mionix? The Mionix one had lift off problems. My pinky was hurting after gaming. I imagine relying on pinky too much to lift the mouse? Does the ikari laser one have any known problems? I have a Qck+ pad.

Thank you

·
Banned
3,644 Posts
I have a steelseries ikari optical and it has the same shape as the ikari laser. Compared to a Sidewinder X5 all the curves are softer and the ergonomics are more pronounced.

It is a comfortable mouse for large or small hands just because of its ergonomics. It's a very nice mouse but I prefer my Xai.

·
PC Enthusiast
3,528 Posts
Absolutely awesome mouse! And the sensitivity button is awesome for sniping

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
Thoughts on the Ikari Laser:

The Ikari Laser is probably the most comfortable mouse I ever tried. The weight of the mouse is perfect. I also loved the way the side, thumb buttons feel when clicked. It sounds and feels great. The problem with this mouse was the low profile. When I moved the mouse around my palm and pinky would scrape a lot of the surface and even sometimes my palm would get caught under the mouse and it would pinch me. I also felt like the scroll wheel was a little too hard but that is a minor issue. All in all it is a great mouse but I still prefer the Xai.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.