Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
I just got the Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro Black and did some testing. I'll keep it short and simple:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post

The Kinzu v2 Pro is pretty much based on requests/demands/complaints/feedback from you guys. It features teflon feet and Omron switches. We listen.
I only tested Kinzu V1 when my friend bought it, but he already replaced the skates with Corepad (http://www.corepad.com/index.php?pagina=artikel&id=115). I loved the feeling and from that day i only used Corepad Skatez on all my mice. My version of the Kinzu V2 Pro does have Omron switches, but the skates are terrible. My Xai still has it's original skates, but these are much worse. They don't feel like teflon at all. Can anyone confirm these are the exact same plastic skates found in Kinzu V1?

original Steelseries Xai skates (used only 2-3 days)

Zowie AM original skates

Sidewinder X3 Corepad skatez

I know you can't notice much from these pictures, but clearly the light bouncing off the surface is not the same. Maybe the Kinzu V2 Pro skates need more polishing, but i still think these are cheap plastic and not teflon.
The LOD is perfect: still tracking after 1CD, stops tracking at all after 2CDs.

I used the mouse for 3-4 hours and i didn't noticed that Pixart skipping bug

The malfunction speed is better than the original Kinzu but still low.

It's lower than my Xornet (original firmware) on a black mousepad. I hit the max speed everytime i do an 180* fast turn, but it didn't bother me on flick shots. If Kana has atleast twice this malfunction speed (perfect control), then it's safe to say it will be a great sensor. Didn't notice any problem caused by the low fps (3600?) of the sensor. In fact even with these terrible skates i find it very accurate. I noticed no positive or negative acceleration until i hit the max speed.
I think people who previously used the Kinzu and liked it, will find Kinzu V2 a worthy upgrade. Those of you using very low sensitivities won't be able to use the mouse. You will hit the malfunction speed even on flick shots. My sensitivity is ~ 40 cm per 360 (16 inches) and though i found the 1st Kinzu unacceptable, the V2 is something i can get used to. This mouse has the most comfortable shape/size/weight of any mice i ever used and if i replace the skates with teflon i think i'm willing to accept the lower max speed. Right now i'm having a hard time deciding between the Zowie AM and Kinzu V2. The AM has a much higher perfect control speed, less prediction (better sensor feeling overall), but the Kinzu is much more comfortable for me and when Kana is launched i will be even more confused. Decisions, decisions ...

·
Registered
270 Posts
is Malfunciot speed higher than WMO? if so, i will buy it at once

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by innov View Post

Do you find the Omron switches significantly better than the TTC's?
In my opinion they are. The regular Kinzu is just a few dollars cheaper and i think the Omrons are worth it. My guess is Steelseries used the same plastic skates though, so it's up to you if you are willing to pay extra only for switches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cek View Post

is Malfunciot speed higher than WMO? if so, i will buy it at once
The perfect control speed is about the same. The malfunction speed however is lower. I can't make my WMO skip. The MLT04 is a much better sensor, unless you need higher DPI.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Damn you!! Now I must buy!!!

EDIT: BTW where do you live and where did you get it from? I'm just curious about availability.

EDIT2: BTW also looks like you have a AM-GS? I've also considered removing the rear rubber to improve stickiness. My had literally slips off this rubber. Very annoying.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post

EDIT2: BTW also looks like you have a AM-GS? I've also considered removing the rear rubber to improve stickiness. My had literally slips off this rubber. Very annoying.
I think he just put some electrical tape on the back of the mouse, instead of messing up the mouse.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post

Damn you!! Now I must buy!!!
EDIT: BTW where do you live and where did you get it from? I'm just curious about availability.
1. I live in Bucharest/Romania, bought it from a local online store. Besides the regular mice the owner usually imports all the rare stuff (like 1.1/3.0 mods, Kinzu V1 Pro Edition etc). He bought like 10 Kinzu V2 Pro Black from Germany and he said it's the only country these are available in EU right now. I paid alot for it though, the equivalent of 50$. He also said Kana has been delayed and that he won't be able to bring it before February or something like that.
I must warn you again about the max speed though. I did my best trying to explain this, but i don't trust Enotus at all. If anybody knows more ways to verify the malfunction speed i will do whatever it takes. MouseLog comes to mind, but i don't know exactly how to use Adobe Audition.

2. It's a Zowie AM. I had to to use some glossy electrical tape to improve the grip until i can find the time to paint it. I also used multiple layers on the sides to transform the shape from / \ to \ /
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for review, nicely done. I would try Kinzu v2 Pro if perfect control was slightly higher. Kana 's going to have the same sensor so max speeds will be probably the same.

P.S. Do you 've a double click simultaneously issue in your AM?

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGsTaR View Post

Thanks for review, nicely done. I would try Kinzu v2 Pro if perfect control was slightly higher. Kana 's going to have the same sensor so max speeds will be probably the same.
The Kinzu v2 is rated for 65 inches per second.

The Kana is rated for 130 inches per second.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGsTaR View Post

As i remember Skylit said Kana uses a different version of the Pixart sensor and lens, so if the rated IPS are true Kana will malfunction at almost twice the speed of Kinzu V2. I guess this will be enough even for the lowest sensitivity user.
I don't have that problem with the AM.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1182539/zowie-am-review/80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

Thanks for sharing Kaingosu.
Off topic: How do you like your Taito?
I like it alot. It's very smooth and the fastest cloth pad i ever used, but i still have good control. Less static friction than the Qck. From the reviews i've read it's similar to the Puretrak Talent you guys use, but i can't find that one in EU so i can't compare them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaingosu View Post

I like it alot. It's very smooth and the fastest cloth pad i ever used, but i still have good control. Less static friction than the Qck. From the reviews i've read it's similar to the Puretrak Talent you guys use, but i can't find that one in EU so i can't compare them.
Can you compare it to Goliathus Speed/Control?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

Thanks for taking the time to post this OP.
thumb.gif
good info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppa View Post

Nice review Kaingosu! Thank you for the insight.
Thanks! No problem, happy to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore View Post

Can you compare it to Goliathus Speed/Control?
I only used the Control version. Don't like the texture, it's not as smooth as Qck or Taito. It has a different tactile feel. Other than that the quality is very good.

Not my pictures

PS: Opened Kinzu to replace the skates

All switches are Omron (D2FC-F-7N), even the DPI button.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts