Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HELP ME. I CANNOT DECIDE BETWEEN THOSE TWO MOUSEPADS. I'VE DONE WEEKS OF RESEARCH AND I GOT NOTHING. I'M PRETTY SURE I'VE GROWN 4 DOZEN WHITE HAIRS STRESSING OVER THIS DECISION. PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU, HELP A BROTHER OUT ONE TIME DOE.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I used an Xtrac Ripper XL for about a year and a half, and while I didn't hate it, I wasn't overly impressed with it either. The build quality was fine, no fraying or anything, I'm just not a huge fan of soft pads.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha I'm jk guys, but on a series note, has anyone every used these two mousepads? if so, which one feels better. Yes, I know i'm very nit-picky, but I can't help it.

And If I were to order both on amazon and return one, it would cost me about $7-9 to ship it back.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombzaway View Post

Haha I'm jk guys, but on a series note, has anyone every used these two mousepads? if so, which one feels better. Yes, I know i'm very nit-picky, but I can't help it.
And If I were to order both on amazon and return one, it would cost me about $7-9 to ship it back.
Arent the shipping labels paid for?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Quote:

During the time I used the QCK, I liked it better. If at all possible I'd opt for a Puretrak Talent though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jung1e View Post

Arent the shipping labels paid for?
Only if the product they ship is faulty, wrong, or their fault. If you're just returning it because you don't want/need it anymore, you have to pay to ship it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayvinAzn View Post

During the time I used the QCK, I liked it better. If at all possible I'd opt for a Puretrak Talent though.
Wait, so you have used both the xtracpad ripper and the Qck and you prefer the Qck? And the puretrak pad is plastic. :/ I prefer the feeling of cloth pads.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikhr View Post

The Talent is not plastic, it is cloth.
Opps, sorry. I was looking at the "classic" model. The Talent looks like, but it's way to expensive. It's $20 plus $10 shipping. I don't want to spend over $15.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Quote:

Wait, so you have used both the xtracpad ripper and the Qck and you prefer the Qck? And the puretrak pad is plastic. :/ I prefer the feeling of cloth pads.
Well, I personally prefer hard pads (though the hybrid style of the Artisan Shiden is quite nice), but I'm trying to look out for you here and not let my own personal preferences. As previously stated the Talent is indeed a soft pad, and it has quite a nice feel to it despite me not really preferring cloth.
Quote:

Opps, sorry. I was looking at the "classic" model. The Talent looks like, but it's way to expensive. It's $20 plus $10 shipping. I don't want to spend over $15.
The talent is indeed pricey, however I felt it was worth the price. Of course, spending $30 doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. If you feel it is indeed too pricey, the QcK isn't a bad pad at all

·
Registered
270 Posts
i suggest puretrak talent, ven if it is expensive: the glide is better and it's way more durable than the qck, like 3-4 times more durable. Mine is 2 years old and the glide is still fresh, while my qck is just like paper.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not sure about newer QcKs, but my old one which I have cleaned tracks horribly and mouse malfunctions at high speeds. Doesn't happen with goliathus or puretrak talent.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've read somewhere that the xtracpads ripper feels just like an ordinary mouse pad from like staples. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I've used the steelseries qck+ and currently using the ripper xxl. I really can't tell a difference between the two. I like the ripper xxl for the size since I play with low sens, and it looks good across your desk
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0z0 View Post

I've used the steelseries qck+ and currently using the ripper xxl. I really can't tell a difference between the two. I like the ripper xxl for the size since I play with low sens, and it looks good across your desk
biggrin.gif
Since you can't tell the difference between the two then I shall choose the ripper for its size! Thank you sir and I wish I could give you a big hug ass naked and never let go.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't know how some of you mess up your mousepads so easily. I've been using a QcK since they came out and I've washed it and it's still perfectly fine. I love it! No idea how you guys are tearing up these pads.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get anything in the QcK series (depending on preference). Super responsive, nice feel. Sweet glide. I know soooo many people who have bought a QcK and stuck with it since cuz they are awesome, not a single issue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts