Overclock.net banner
2761 - 2780 of 2805 Posts

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp93 View Post

edit2: tested again, but in other pc( with win7, im using win10 on mine) and it updated
Windows 7 is a proven platform BUT Trojan 10, is STILL in Beta-ware mode and will be for some time yet.

Why risk everything on Redmond's current beta OS when Windows 7 runs perfectly with nearly every software and hardware that was released?

·
PMW 3366
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Windows 7 is a proven platform BUT Trojan 10, is STILL in Beta-ware mode and will be for some time yet.

Why risk everything on Redmond's current beta OS when Windows 7 runs perfectly with nearly every software and hardware that was released?
Because Windows 7 hates dual monitors with me using more than 50 % of my VRAM and pops me back to the desktop with a stupid "Hey, we detected that your 4 GB video card is not enough to play a game and keep the Aero theme at the same time, would you like to revert to the ****ty non-GPU accelerated Windows basic theme ?"
Windows 10 desktop being GPU accelerated all the time, this problem doesn't exist.
Plus you can disable all the spying bull****.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote:

i rly don't like win10, installed just to test, but i'm too lazy to format my pc again :v

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp93 View Post

edit2: tested again, but in other pc( with win7, im using win10 on mine) and it updated

Or just run W10.
Everything works flawless, plenty of ****ty things in W10 but never had any issues with it.
Faster as well in every regard.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

Or just run W10.
Everything works flawless, plenty of ****ty things in W10 but never had any issues with it.
Faster as well in every regard.
Windows 10 isnt that great for playing games tbh

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,719 Posts
Windows 10 is a joke in it's own regard. Though hating on it is kinda mainstream nowadays.
My Z77 mobo worked well with it after 1511 update. Some worked well from the start, some still don't behave right. All you can do is install it on separate SSD and play with it for week then decide if you want to keep it or not.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post

Windows 10 is a joke in it's own regard. Though hating on it is kinda mainstream nowadays.
Not really because there are far more sheeples worshiping this awful Trojan-based software than actual haters, here on OCN Central.

The facts about it's TRUE function is now well known despite constant denials from all their supporters/shills. They seem to hate facts concerning logging and recording all your usage and inputs as some kind of required imperative to provide us all with a better Operating System. Seeing what I watch on my PC in Redmond as well as keeping logs of all my passwords for banking sites isn't in any way a requirement for them other than to spy.

To this very day, every subsequent update with Windows 10 is always another delivery of extra Telemetry Addresses which are expanding upon every update. Nothing at all to do with updating any protections from hackers or viruses but exclusively for them, providing more ways to extract data from your PC.

For what purpose they will enable this information for, will only be available for the future when it will be too late to avoid or prevent.

·
Registered
162 Posts
back to topic maybe
biggrin.gif

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,719 Posts
No I'm just tired of the usual bs around software section. Your position on W10 was noted... about like 50 times, along with others. Don't like it, don't use it, don't talk about it. Unlike vocal minority I know how to deal with W10 undesirable quirks since doing research actually pays off.

By the way, the "bank account" question is solved with the single - three calls, tops. No need for spyware on your calculator.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are there any versions of Rival 300 quality-wise? I heard the older versions/stocks have rubber grip peeling issue whereas the newer ones don't, is it true?

·
Registered
356 Posts
@cnnd correct the new ones are fine though but you need to downgrade the firmware if you want the same old raw sensor off the rival 100/orig 300

·
Comic Book Enthusiast
3,662 Posts
I just picked up a Logitech G Pro. I think I actually like this better than my Original Rival. Has anyone made the same jump?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post

@cnnd correct the new ones are fine though but you need to downgrade the firmware if you want the same old raw sensor off the rival 100/orig 300
lol Steelseries still buggy with the firmwares? I still got PTSD from using Kinzu v1 years ago where the 400 dpi felt different everytime I pressed the DPI switch button to 800 dpi and switched it back to 400 and everytime I used the software to change settings -.- So no thanks..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnd View Post

lol Steelseries still buggy with the firmwares? I still got PTSD from using Kinzu v1 years ago where the 400 dpi felt different everytime I pressed the DPI switch button to 800 dpi and switched it back to 400 and everytime I used the software to change settings -.- So no thanks..
imo the latest FW for the 300 is fine, it surely feels different then for example the overall preferred 0.40.0.0 FW for the Vanilla, but it is not buggy (meaning dpi problems, acceleration etc.)

2761 - 2780 of 2805 Posts