Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 2805 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
They really should release that driver now or at least to coincide with the release of windows 8.1. Current drivers don't work at all with the new windows update.

·
►¿¿¿
2,281 Posts
Yep, i noticed that aswell popups, i dont see how its a DA or EC1/2 Competitor, when it is very much more inspired by the IME 3.0 and comfort 6000, all that razer viral marketing must have made people think that the DA was the first mouse with a shape similar to that, lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

Yep, i noticed that aswell popups, i dont see how its a DA or EC1/2 Competitor, when it is very much more inspired by the IME 3.0 and comfort 6000, all that razer viral marketing must have made people think that the DA was the first mouse with a shape similar to that, lol.
When it comes down to it, let them think what they want.

Hæh.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzzz View Post

When it comes to steelseries, they will always find a way to **** up with a potentially good mouse. I dont doubt that.
smile.gif
If the mouse is 60 USD I would be dumbfounded. A mouse with that type of design is not worth (to me at least) 60 USD retail. I understand they have to recoup their investment, but I cannot ignore that mold design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post

might give this mouse a try just to satisfy my curiosity and treasure hunting/ collecting drive
tongue.gif

cuz if popups side to side comparisation is actually true to the real size I might like it
Those pictures are for shape comparison not size. However, from the video the mouse does look similar in size to the EC2 except wider. The EC2 is slightly shorter than the DeathAdder, but a lot slimmer.

·
Gone
8,731 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with the design (albeit works for a particular user), nor price point. Actually fits in market quite well at 60 USD/EURO based on specs offered.

Much much different approach then previously seen with SS; more in line with alternative brands.

·
►¿¿¿
2,281 Posts
Eh, the mold design is very similiar to the IME 3.0, which i would pay alot more for if they would release a new version, with updated materials, and better performing sensor (no, not higher dpi, i mean everything else, although its lift-off is perfect imo.)

One can always dream, but yea... its steelseries were talking about so they most likely ruined it with some massive defect that would make even zowie go "Why would they do that?!"

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

I don't see anything wrong with the design (albeit works for a particular user), nor price point. Actually fits in market quite well at 60 USD/EURO based on specs offered.

Much much different approach then previously seen with SS; more in line with alternative brands.
The side buttons seem cheap and not well designed. However, that isn't my main point of contention. The thing that bothers me is the top shell not having a "resting" area at the scroll wheel. The Intellimouse, EC, Sensei, etc, all use a different shell piece for a "resting" area. This mold design looks like a two piece (most likely is a three piece) shell where the PCB is mounted on the lower half (the piece that has the side buttons and rubber grips) and the other shell piece (for the main buttons) drops in from the top. Think Razer Taipan -- the cable (from what I can tell) even comes out from the bottom. The long split of the top piece makes me think even more so that this is the case. If you could make a two piece mold with a single PCB it would be great for the profit margin, you know? By the way this really looks like a Razer produced product.

Anyway, it may end up being a 12 piece design, with 4 PCBs and 8 LEDs. Either way, the shell, side buttons, stress relief, rubber grips and coating don't make me feel like it would be money well spent. If it has a small sensor PCB, that I could transplant to another mouse, then maybe I would buy it.

Are you going to buy one to tell us all about it?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltel1te View Post

Popups where did you get that inside photo from?
Can you read whats on the sensor?
S9818 - thats a picture from inside a razer product - taipan i believe.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar View Post

S9818 - thats a picture from inside a razer product - taipan i believe.
ah okay nvm then I am curious what the sensor is inside the Rival I have my ideas of what it could be.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltel1te View Post

Popups where did you get that inside photo from?
Can you read whats on the sensor?
That's a Razer Taipan. I posted the picture to help with my explanation about the shell design.

·
Registered
528 Posts
That Thing looks pretty sexy. I guess this will be the next mouse I try. I rather prefer a quality piece like this for my weak right handed Side (where mainly the lefthanded keyboardcontrol is the problem to handle) instead a medium core Kana V2 for my strong left Hand and playing just for fun.
It's a Shame the strongest mice ever were mostly righthanded only, but it is like it is.

·
Registered
524 Posts
From the pictures popups posted, i think this mouse is much narrower than intelli 3.0 on the front, so i don't think it would good for palm gripers.. (At least from the pics. and from my personal POV)
One of the things i don't like about SS mices, is scrollwheel.. I can't explain exactly my POV, but if feels too "square" and non tactile to the finger.. (i had a ikari optical and xai)
Maybe it's the photo, but it looks scrollwheel is "too far" from the front of the mouse.

21 - 40 of 2805 Posts