Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 2805 Posts

·
Gone
8,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

The side buttons seem cheap and not well designed. However, that isn't my main point of contention. The thing that bothers me is the top shell not having a "resting" area at the scroll wheel. The Intellimouse, EC, Sensei, etc, all use a different shell piece for a "resting" area. This mold design looks like a two piece (most likely is a three piece) shell where the PCB is mounted on the lower half (the piece that has the side buttons and rubber grips) and the other shell piece (for the main buttons) drops in from the top. Think Razer Taipan -- the cable (from what I can tell) even comes out from the bottom. The long split of the top piece makes me think even more so that this is the case. If you could make a two piece mold with a single PCB it would be great for the profit margin, you know? By the way this really looks like a Razer produced product.

Anyway, it may end up being a 12 piece design, with 4 PCBs and 8 LEDs. Either way, the shell, side buttons, stress relief, rubber grips and coating don't make me feel like it would be money well spent. If it has a small sensor PCB, that I could transplant to another mouse, then maybe I would buy it.

Are you going to buy one to tell us all about it?
Taipan is a 5 piece design.. nothing actually wrong with it other than the lackluster scrollwheel + angled cable exit imho. Egro didn't work for me, but that's subjective.

Generally feel it's too early to speculate build when there isn't anything to go off but a few launch photos with bad angles.

I'll grab one if I can.

·
Banned
2,481 Posts
If this is an optical, I expect insane mouse smoothing due to the 6000 DPI making this thing unbearable to use. Everyone knows the Avago opticals aren't good for anything over 1800 DPI without destroying the mouse with smoothing.

The mouse also appears to look like a 1990's basketball shoe. I'm unsure how that will affect it's comfort or ease of use.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ach View Post

Everyone knows the Avago opticals aren't good for anything over 1800 DPI without destroying the mouse with smoothing.
Every Sensor from Avago is optical. :>

·
►¿¿¿
2,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post

it should be the same sensor already used in sensei, xai etc...
Somehow i doubt that, they like to pump that specific sensor for CPI all they can to please those very special people
smile.gif

·
Registered
37 Posts
rival will have optical sensor not the same as sensei, xai because they have laser.
i think rival will use a3090 and lens, srom very similar to deathadder 2013.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblue View Post

The DeathAdder 2013 is a different sensor to the 3090. I think the Steel Series mouse will use the same sensor as the 2013 DeathAdder.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

The DeathAdder 2013 is a different sensor to the 3090. I think the Steel Series mouse will use the same sensor as the 2013 DeathAdder.
Yep I heard about some braking News that twohundredandthousand Rival Shapes made a big armed Robbery against a big Deathadder 2013 Gang and ripped them off their Internals.
thumb.gif

The Rival is a instantbuy. This mouse is the biggest Competitor for the best gamingmouse of end 2013 overall.

****ty Kana V2 can stay where Bananas are growing even I play like a dummy with my right handed side.

Practice should work. ^^

·
Registered
528 Posts
Only one thing is to mention. I mean this Mouse is called the Rival and in Terms of the Construction you see it's clealy aimed to be a DA 2013 Rival. Personally I think the Rival is a very interesting Mouse and could be a real Quality Piece, but I guess you would make a wrong guessing if you think it could beat a Deathadder 2013 in any aspect cause the Deathadder 2013 is maybe the best mouse to date and the closest thing to perfect if not perfect for some players. The Deathadder is so strong produced and constructed that it should be Nightmare for every Competitor. Everything on this Mouse is a Ace, from the feet, the shape, the sidegrips, the perfect scrollwheel, the materials overall to the internals. DA 2013 is a masterpiece and I am everytime impressed how good it is so soon I plug it in. The only Problem is that it's constructed for my weak side, cause it's a regular righthanded mouse.

·
Gone
8,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblue View Post

rival will have optical sensor not the same as sensei, xai because they have laser.
Both are optical designs by operation ^^

·
►¿¿¿
2,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post

Only one thing is to mention. I mean this Mouse is called the Rival and in Terms of the Construction you see it's clealy aimed to be a DA 2013 Rival. Personally I think the Rival is a very interesting Mouse and could be a real Quality Piece, but I guess you would make a wrong guessing if you think it could beat a Deathadder 2013 in any aspect cause the Deathadder 2013 is maybe the best mouse to date and the closest thing to perfect if not perfect for some players. The Deathadder is so strong produced and constructed that it should be Nightmare for every Competitor. Everything on this Mouse is a Ace, from the feet, the shape, the sidegrips, the perfect scrollwheel, the materials overall to the internals. DA 2013 is a masterpiece and I am everytime impressed how good it is so soon I plug it in. The only Problem is that it's constructed for my weak side, cause it's a regular righthanded mouse.
Wall of text man.. wall of text. - All those internals and everything means next to nothing if the mouse dosent fit your hand/grip, which it dosent for alot of people, myself included.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

Wall of text man.. wall of text. - All those internals and everything means next to nothing if the mouse dosent fit your hand/grip, which it dosent for alot of people, myself included.
rolleyes.gif
Sugru is your best choice for mouse fit, much rather have best internals + sugru.

Kinzu v2 pro + sugru < 3

·
►¿¿¿
2,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasti View Post

Sugru is your best choice for mouse fit, much rather have best internals + sugru.

Kinzu v2 pro + sugru < 3
nope, i already found the perfect shape for me some years ago, its the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, sadly.. microsoft dosent seem to care about earning the money from everyone who loves those mice with upgrading them and such.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
528 Posts
Quote:

nope, i already found the perfect shape for me some years ago, its the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, sadly.. microsoft dosent seem to care about earning the money from everyone who loves those mice with upgrading them and such.
tongue.gif
I agree the Explorer 3.0 is a great one but it had a few flaws a Deathadder 2013 hasn't if you look at the buggy Scrollwheels or at the low malufunction speed of those old Intellis. But I would be exactly happy as you if they would give those two legendary Mice a Refresh with pure Quality Materials, exactly based on the old Shapes of 1.1 and 3.0 with Improvement at the right spots like Scrollwheel, a kicking current optical and so on.

Quote:

rolleyes.gif
that's why I said for some.

·
►¿¿¿
2,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post

I agree the Explorer 3.0 is a great one but it had a few flaws a Deathadder 2013 hasn't if you look at the buggy Scrollwheels or at the low malufunction speed of those old Intellis. But I would be exactly happy as you if they would give those two legendary Mice a Refresh with pure Quality Materials, exactly based on the old Shapes of 1.1 and 3.0 with Improvement at the right spots like Scrollwheel, a kicking current optical and so on.
that's why I said for some.
it would have to be a kicking current optical without smoothing and other stuff they put in to boost dpi and such, i dont care if its low dpi, since.. well i prefer that 400-450 dpi anyhow :]

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superior View Post

Haven't read much of the thread but is this official?
First post shows an unveiling by steelseries in South Africa. A video of it even. Doubt someone would go through the trouble of faking one of these..

·
Gone
8,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc0s View Post

Here they have some pics of it:
http://gaming.do.co.za/articles/reviews/steelseries_rival_review.htm
I apologize popups, that looks rather poor externally. Assuming the review is based off a final marketing sample.
Quote:
As a mouse though, the Rival has been in the works for some time and SteelSeries has gone out of its way to optimise certain things about the mouse. The 6500CPI sensor and 1000Hz polling rate make for an insanely responsive optical sensor. Yup, the Rival uses an optical sensor.
What other kind of sensor could they have used?
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post

smaller than g400, but 118grams.. mmk
Can be total weight. IE3.0 is 163g with cable factored in.

41 - 60 of 2805 Posts