Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Steelseries Sensei RAW Optical straight from Japan (Amazon). Delivery time to the UK was around 4 days which was brilliant.

I had the original Sensei, then the hunt for an optical mouse started after it got to the end of it's little life. Tried G303, GPro, Nixeus Revel, G402, G403, FK2, DA Elite, Sensei 310 to name a few...great mice but never as good a fit as the original Sensei. So when I heard of the Optical RAW Sensei, I ordered it straight away. Arrived last night so only really used it for around 2 hours...but its fantastic so far. If a black rubberized version is released I will def order one too.

Anyway figured I'd post up some pics for you guys to have a look at.

The order from amazon.jp was faultless to uk too so dont let it put you off if you fancy one. Mouse itself is pretty much the old RAw but with that Optical sensor. No rattle, buttons feel great as do the clicks.

I may be in love..and maybe a little sad as no more new mice to try lol

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
saw this and thought it was interesting. Wonder if there is any way to grab one in the US
Pretty sure just order via Amazon.jp and they'll post it no probs. Got to UK with zero issues.

·
Mouse addict
762 Posts
How much did you pay (including shipping and possibly customs)? What's the weight?

·
Structural design <3
346 Posts
Must, resist, buying... I need to wait for it to be available from China. Don't even know if I prefer the kinzu or sensei shape as my favorite shape. How's the tracking quality of this mouse's sensor compared to a 3360?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry to say this but I think I should. This doesn't have same shell as sensei raw. Exactly has same shell as dm1 pro s.

I have both sensei raw and dm1 pro s so you can believe me.

Dm1 with better cable, better wheel, glossy white, ss engine available, fancy rgb with ss logo on it and right side buttons.

The weight is heavier than dm1 pro s. maybe 95g~100g.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry to say this but I think I should. This doesn't have same shell as sensei raw. Exactly has same shell as dm1 pro s.

I have both sensei raw and dm1 pro s so you can believe me.

No the OEM shell the DM1 and all those copies are based on are narrower than the original and refresh version of the Sensei. You are sort of correct in the other aspect though as the PCBs inside are based on the original Sensei/Xai layout and not the Sensei RAW.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much did you pay (including shipping and possibly customs)? What's the weight?
£64.60 (9808 yen) inc postage and customs from JP to Scotland

Weight is around 90 I think but not weighed it yet ( I will though asap)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what DPI steps can you do ? can you use 400 and 450 dpi ? or change polling rate to 500hz ? :O
steps from 200 to 7000 in steps of 50. Rate goes from 125, 250, 500 and 1000

·
Mouse addict
762 Posts
£64.60 (9808 yen) inc postage and customs from JP to Scotland

Weight is around 90 I think but not weighed it yet ( I will though asap)
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The sensor not in the lower end of the shell makes this enticing.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Wonder if this will hit the market outside Asia.
I like the SS 310 but it is too big compared to regular Sensei.
And DM1 & Revel have ****ty buttons.

Tempted to order one, but 80euro is quite a lot :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Depends on the grip. With mine, 310 feels smaller than the old shape. Also, the original RAW had horrible QC and buttons, so I'd be willing to bet this is closer to the DM1.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts