Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a steering wheel for the PC, also if it works for the PS3 would be a plus. Don't want to spend a fortune as it wont be used loads but something that will last, doesn't look like something out of star trek. Also would you advise ones with pedals or not? I'm in the UK as well

·
Premium Member
5,257 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebellion88
View Post

Looking for a steering wheel for the PC, also if it works for the PS3 would be a plus. Don't want to spend a fortune as it wont be used loads but something that will last, doesn't look like something out of star trek. Also would you advise ones with pedals or not? I'm in the UK as well

Pedals are a definite yes

Depends on what you call a fortune

Having tried a few wheels, the only ones I can recommend are the high-end Logitech ones, either a G25 or G27

Quick googleness will show that they're aren't cheap though

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Driving force GT Is your best bet, I class this as the best bang for buck just google up some reviews about it and you will love the specs it has, I think its the cheapest 900 degree wheel Plus a nice GT logo in the middle

I wana get one myself but im short on cash atm. £80 at argos

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have the Driving Force GT and it's awesome. I use it for Dirt 2 and Grid on the PC and soon to be Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3. The only downside I can think of is that the pedals are plastic and feel kinda cheap compared to the rest of the wheel. Found it for $100 open box in Future Shop.

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Driving Force GT if you don't want to spend too much, G27 if you don't mind spending more.

Fanatec make some PS3/PC wheels too although their customer service is pretty poor at best.

·
Registered
76 Posts
G25 as the shifter has both sequential and h-pattern. Although besides that then g27 is a better allarounder

·
Registered
346 Posts
i would have to recommend the logitech G27, mainly because i have it. but Ive used it on Dirt 2 for PC and Gran Turismo Prologue for ps3. It works flawlessly, paddle shifters are great, the force feed back is strong enough to rip your hands off the wheel and it is made with quality materials so it should last a lifetime of abuse.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
The DFGT is a great wheel from my use of it. I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I got a Driving Force GT3 for $5 from a garage sale 2 years ago. Works wonderful on my PC (win7, vista 32 and 64bit) and works on PS3. force feedback enabled.

So...just get logitech wheels, stay away from other ones IMO.

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
G27 all the way man! If you are on a budget go for the driving force gt.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the advice, I may just bite the bullet and splash out on the G27 a well deserved treat for a well deserved wait for GT5.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts