·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not really stealing, it's just writing about a topic that's interesting at the time. Just like when Micheal Jackson died and there were all kinds of books and......even a movie...lol. It's the same thing. It's not stealing, becasue society is was allows it to happen. People are willing to pay to be informed about popular events lol. sad but true i guess

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
It's going to be another Micheal Jackson, where they release a ton of books, some new products in his name or cd's in Micheal's case.

Great dude and I wish his family all the best but Im not going to buy something just because all the sudden someone can profit from his death and use his name.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yeah I'd like to read it, particularly for the information around the time he left apple for 13 years (I think) and came back. Interesting arguments I think he was having with the executives?

·
Registered
688 Posts
the sad/funny thing is, 95% of you didn't care about this guy until he died...

·
Registered
236 Posts
this book was planned way before Jobs died, and only planned because he knew he was going to die. It was originally going to be released in November, it only got pushed up because he went a little earlier than he thought he would.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamchops;15239705
this book was planned way before Jobs died, and only planned because he knew he was going to die. It was originally going to be released in November, it only got pushed up because he went a little earlier than he thought he would.
Exactly. People who says this is to exploit his death are simply ignorant. Steve Jobs wanted an biography on himself done a few years ago, perhaps more than a decade ago, but the person who wrote this book (and also took the cover picture, IIRC), told him that it's better to wait until later, to see him really hit his stride.

About the release date, it was at first March 2012, then late November, and now finally late October.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olli3;15239662
Which means we are not allowed to read an interesting book about him, right?
I'm just sayin, a persons death shouldn't increase they're popularity

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10halec;15239905
I don't think it's a matter of his death increasing his popularity. Obviously there are going to be haters here because this is mainly a pc forum, not an apple fan site. But there are those who are still intrigued by him and would read about him.

And come on now, who didn't know Steve Jobs...he was basically a house hold name even before his death.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since when hasn't a celeberity dying incresaed thier populairty? Havent you heard vincent van gogh spent his life poor as a hobo, but all of a sudden he dies and his paintings are priceless. It's the same thing. It's been like this since the beggining of time. I don't see why you'd freak out over it lol, it's hardly shocking.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano5656
View Post

It's not really stealing, it's just writing about a topic that's interesting at the time. Just like when Micheal Jackson died and there were all kinds of books and......even a movie...lol. It's the same thing. It's not stealing, becasue society is was allows it to happen. People are willing to pay to be informed about popular events lol. sad but true i guess

Tell your self what you have to, but its stealing.

At least its wont be a narcissistic autobiography

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 10halec
View Post

Amy Winehouse sold more albums the day after she died than at any other time in her career.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdRush
View Post

I don't think it's a matter of his death increasing his popularity. Obviously there are going to be haters here because this is mainly a pc forum, not an apple fan site. But there are those who are still intrigued by him and would read about him.

And come on now, who didn't know Steve Jobs...he was basically a house hold name even before his death.

I agree with that. He is someone everyone knows/ should know about. I just think more people should have been curious about him and his life before he passed.
But like the below quote says,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano5656
View Post

Since when hasn't a celeberity dying incresaed thier populairty? Havent you heard vincent van gogh spent his life poor as a hobo, but all of a sudden he dies and his paintings are priceless. It's the same thing. It's been like this since the beggining of time. I don't see why you'd freak out over it lol, it's hardly shocking.

And i agree with that too, except the last line confused me, freak out?

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, sorry everyone! somehow I forgot to give the link in the OP. LOL, funny how it got to 3 pages before anyone even noticed. It's up now. My bad, I feel silly haha

@10halec, well I didn't mean like freak out I guess, poor choice of words, I should have just left it at it's hardly shocking. This has happened to countless famous individuals now.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
As much as I dislike some of Apple's close minded corporate culture, and how some people worship Steve Jobs, he is one of the brightest mind in this technology age.

I may actually buy this book.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts