Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Get a new one

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get your opinions as I just ''resurrected'' my old SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Digital using kXproject's driver. I feel like with some tweaking it could sound good but would it be really worth it over my onboard sound ( VIA VT1818) ?

I'm currently using a Sony MDR-V150 and principally use it 80% for games, 20% for music.

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Nine times out of ten, I would say go with the sound card but the Live is just too dated. I feel that onboard has come a long way, so in this particular case, I'd say go with the VIA.

EDIT: Just noticed that get a new one is one of your options. Go with that choice if its feasible.

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3l4st0ne View Post

If getting a new one is the best option, are those ASUS Sonar any good? I'm trying to stay under 40$ as I have a computer case mod going on and 'm tight on money.
Not sure which direction to put you into for $40. Consider using onboard while you finish you mod and see what you have to spend maybe.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can PM you the "P17X Support Pack 2.7" daniel_k drivers if you want.
They don't seem to be listed on Creative's forum anymore.

I'd go that route and see if it's up to snuff before laying down cash for a new sound card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts