·
PC Gamer
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions? Thanks.

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Which ASUS card are you looking at? I assume the Essence STX (pci-e) or ST (pci).

I'd say this is a solid upgrade. The Audigy has become 'tired' and you'll notice a considerable difference. Will you be using the card for music listening or gaming predominantly?

My two recommendations are the Essence ST(X) or the Creative Titanium HD, I've listened to both (own the TiHD) and these cards are a nice improvement to even the other x-Fi cards. GL

·
PC Gamer
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be going with the Essence STX. I am not a fan of Creative anymore. Their driver support is horrible as is their customer service. Thanks for the suggestions. For the record, I want the soundcard for gaming mostly as I only listen to music occasionally.

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nnection View Post

I will be going with the Essence STX. I am not a fan of Creative anymore. Their driver support is horrible as is their customer service. Thanks for the suggestions. For the record, I want the soundcard for gaming mostly as I only listen to music occasionally.
I understand all about hard feelings and you made a good choice with the STX. Enjoy and let us know your impressions once you get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts