Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Initializing...
23,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which OS should I install on my new HD? Stick with Vista x64 until full release of Windows 7, or just get Windows 7 Beta x64... I would rather stick to Vista for now because I dont trust the driver support for Windows 7. But how is it? Fast?

·
Premium Member
7,012 Posts
I would personally hold off until the final release. You probably have a bug-free and stable operating system ATM, don't waste your time trying to get things working that were already working on Vista.

• Rep+
Reactions: Anth0789

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
Win 7 is still Beta. Vista is RTM with a service pack.
Stick with Vista.

• Rep+
Reactions: Anth0789

·
PC Gamer
1,777 Posts
yea stay with Vista until the final release of Windows 7

never trust a Beta operating system as your main one, thats a big mistake
unless your just testing it then go ahead, but have it on a 2nd Partition if you really want to try it i did , its still a little buggy, but runs great most of the time, but then i wiped it after testing, so i am just with Vista again, ill upgrade when it hits retail

wont try any more Betas, will just read how it goes etc
(i had 7 installed on a 2nd Partition, so i didn't have to reformat n reinstall)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Even if you got W7 beta, it will stop functioning in August well before the W7 release date. Also, though W7 is nice I don't think its worth an upgrade from Vista.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Weird thing happened to me, I have both vista 64 and win7 64 dual booted, and after a while the only thing i could load was windows 7 even though i picked vista to boot and press Enter, I thought *** is going on, got kinda mad then just reinstalled vista as its just fine for me, and i agree stick with vista 64-bit for now.
On a side note like someone else said im not upgrading to 7. Is it weird that I prefer vista :S ?

·
Initializing...
23,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay thanks for the suggestions I was going to stay Vista anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts