Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what i do with my actual i9 9820x mobo and ram and it seems to be the max i can get for a h24 OC profile.
Product Font Screenshot Line Technology

I ordered the 10920x cpu because i love 2066 socket. I'll have it next week and i hope i'll get a good one at least as good as this 9820x.

This RVI Omega is also amasing stability wise, overshoots the vRam by 0.02 volts since day one - no need of LLC at all because what i set as Vcore is what i get in idle and in games/benchmarks...

This memory kit is also very good it seems, all timings but RTL/IO-L are set manually. The vRam i can set is perfect i think, temperatures are fine and well, it can also run at same frequencies and timings except CL, tRCD, tRP, tRas at 15-15-15-30 @1,52v

What i just "complain" about is that this generation of CPU's is just having thermal "difficulties", runs so f*cking hot, bear with me... It is cooled with a custom WC that i have since x58 chipset, yeah, it's a long time, no issue so far.

Computer Personal computer Purple Electrical wiring Electronic instrument

I can't wait to see improvements on the next cpu's and memory kits but as for now no thanks i'm fine.

Thank you for taking the time to read what an oldschool hardware fanboy posts, i just don't have much poeple arrond me who i can share this matter with...

So have fun and take care all of you :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup in deed !
Do you also have difficulties to keep it cool when Oce'd ?
Well ill first say this, These cpus love to run hot. I currently got mine clocked to 5000mhz, and it runs around 40c, with normal use, and when i run prime 95, its basically maxed out to 95c. Currently using a msi core liquid k 360 AIO. all in all im happy with its performance, however, when i added a 3060 in it, it basically doubled as a space heater :D perhaps i should liquid cool my gfx and cpu with a custom loop? I did buy a huge full size case, so cooling isnt too much of an issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply, you seem to have a good 10th gen CPU. I can't wait to get my 10920x next week !

my 9820x hits 110°C on some cores (HWINFO64) easy peasy starting from 1.32Vcore with my single WC loop as on the picture. : Cinebenchs, y-cruncher, Blender and i am affraid of Prime 95 small fft's :D barbecue-time everyone !

I did lap it but just to say i did, reading there's not much use doing it as it is soldered and Indium would be the "paste" Die/IHS

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you for your reply, you seem to have a good 10th gen CPU. I can't wait to get my 10920x next week !

my 9820x hits 110°C on some cores (HWINFO64) easy peasy starting from 1.32Vcore with my single WC loop as on the picture. : Cinebenchs, y-cruncher, Blender and i am affraid of Prime 95 small fft's :D barbecue-time everyone !

I did lap it but just to say i did, reading there's not much use doing it as it is soldered and Indium would be the "paste" Die/IHS
I would overclock mine higher if i had better cooling, but the high voltages scare me, already running at 1.34 volts atm. but shes a fast machine ill give er that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts