Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a RROD console off eBay recently, hoping to fix it myself with new attempts, but after removing the face plate, the console still had it's warranty sticker intact. After going online and trying to register the console, it went through and I was able to get a box shipped to me for me to return it back to them.

Does Microsoft still ship Opus revisions, or are they just repairing your console and sending it back?

Or are they giving any Falcons? Can someone who's had theirs sent in please tell me what they recieved back, whether it was your own console or a new console, perhaps an Opus or what?

I'd just like to know what they're sending back these days before I ship it out.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
I had a friend send in an Arcade that got RROD, and he got back the new Arcade w/ HDMI and that, I'm not sure on the chipset they use in that version.

But its what I know.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I received my 360 from repairs on 2/16/09 and I ended up getting a different console back(diff. serial numbers), but I'm not sure if it's a Xenon or an Opus revision. :/

It has a mfg. date of 6/26/08, 16.5A, and no HDMI.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisC
View Post

The elite I sent in 2 weeks ago just came back today. This one is different from the one i sent it. I sent in a Zephyr elite and received a Zephyr Elite back but this one is older. They also replaced the drive with a Lite-On drive. They gave me a free new elite faceplate too even though I didn't send them a faceplate.

Yeah, supposedly they're replacing all drives with Lite-Ons.

Did the one you got back have HDMI?

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

All Elite's have HDMI ports.

I didn't see the part where he said Elite. :/

My problem is sending one in with HDMI and getting one back without HDMI.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1
View Post

I didn't see the part where he said Elite. :/

My problem is sending one in with HDMI and getting one back without HDMI.

If you call 18004MYXBOX they will make sure you get back what you send in. They will ask you to leave a note on the console, so what I would do, is write on the console itself, in permanant marker, PLEASE SEND REPLACEMENT UNIT WITH HDMI.

It doesnt get more obvious than that

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by superk View Post
If you call 18004MYXBOX they will make sure you get back what you send in. They will ask you to leave a note on the console, so what I would do, is write on the console itself, in permanant marker, PLEASE SEND REPLACEMENT UNIT WITH HDMI.

It doesnt get more obvious than that

Lol, that's pretty much the must sure way to get it sent back to me. I think I will definitely leave a note of some kind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts