Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 463 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this an all inclusive club for stinger blocks. please feel free to post pics of your blocks and rig

stinger blocks can be found here http://www.stingerwaterblocks.mysite.com/

to order blocks/ask questions you can contact fstfrddy via PM or E-Mail him at the [email protected] please do not discuss pricing in this thread

SIG
The stinger club for those who want the best

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
 [URL="http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/510344-stinger-club-56k-death.html"]:bruce:[B]The stinger club [/B]for those who want the best:bruce:[/URL]
[/CODE]

*Heavy Metal*

• Rep+
Reactions: ira-k

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
members

v8
jarble
ira-k
systemaxd
Patch
omaryunus
Dryadsoul
Martinm210
TiGa
nafljhy
kimosabi
enigma1934
noob eater4726
Kriztoffer
CyberDruid
MADMAX22
[email protected]'D
Pavo
Meta-Prometheus

v6
ira-k
TiGa
AMD+nVidia
MADMAX22
Aqualan
shnur
Thumper

tec
ira-k

Diamond Max
afzsom
Dryadsoul

Highlander Diamond Pin
Dryadsoul

NB
Dryadsoul

Mosfet
Dryadsoul

father of all blocks
fstfrddy

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics

working on a slide show here is a link for now http://img20.imageshack.us/slideshow...9388759h4.smil

Quote:

Originally Posted by fstfrddy View Post
Here is a bit of history for ya. This is the very first block I ever made. It was done with hand tools and only a power drill and a jig saw. I didn't even have a drill press at the time. Lots of filing, hacksawing and elbow grease. At the time I wouldn't even consider making one for anyone else because of the time it took to make. It was later converted to 775 and sold after I decided to make the first Triple Nipple. That was also converted to 775 and sold to Dryadsoul and named the D O (dual Outlet)
This is WB1 2005

since so many people are interested in this block but are let down with the amount of information that is out there I have ask fstfrddy for pics of the internals and here they are

V6i inside

V6i inside cut

V8 inside

bottom flycut

V8Pelt

a real nice all copper V6i

a very early V6 in copper

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Here are mine;

My first V6;

V8;

Same V8 I turned into a 320W TEC block;

MOAB (Mother Of All Barbs) Custom 437W TEC block, it has a 3/4" jet barb inlet that I feed directly form a WMD 20RZ Iwaki, I have half the loop in 3/4x1.25" tubing, next set up I'll hopefully have both outs going to there own 480GTX then back to res as a true dual out.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k View Post
Here are mine;
very nice love the tec

lets keep the stingers coming I know there a lot of us out there

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Thanks for making a topic for the people with a bit more money that the average person water cooling there rig simply due to the cost of one of these custom made blocks.

A few old shots but same plumbing on the V8 block. The block is also a single piece where both metals (copper and brass it appears) are 'welded together'

Dry mount and only standalone picture of the block i have mounted

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by systemaxd View Post
Thanks for making a topic for the people with a bit more money that the average person water cooling there rig simply due to the cost of one of these custom made blocks.

A few old shots but same plumbing on the V8 block. The block is also a single piece where both metals (copper and brass it appears) are 'welded together'
np mate

nice block will add you to the list

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:
very nice love the tec
Thanks! Here are a few more completely gratuitous shots ..
..I don't get to show them off very often.

Stingers in action!

MOAB

V6 on a 3200 or 3800 Venice

This Iwaki WMD20RZ is what feeds the 3/4" jet intake MOAB thats on the top shelf of this bench.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Thanks! Here are a few more completely gratuitous shots ..
..I don't get to show them off very often.

Singers in action!

good god man that is a huge pump

one of these days I am going to get the last of my parts and build this bad boy

PS I'm going to see if I can make some kind of slide show in the pics section instead of tons of pics what do you think?

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
No recent pics I'm afraid, but I do have a Stinger Diamond Max. I'll try to get a decent picture sometime.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by afzsom View Post
No recent pics I'm afraid, but I do have a Stinger Diamond Max. I'll try to get a decent picture sometime.

This is the first D-Max, not yours I don't think,but she's a beauty. If you don't mind me leaving these till you get pic's of yours? Yeah I know..
..I think I have pic's of almost all his blocks, I love the things.

Quote:
good god man that is a huge pump

one of these days I am going to get the last of my parts and build this bad boy

PS I'm going to see if I can make some kind of slide show in the pics section instead of tons of pics what do you think?
Hey that would be cool to I guess, or at least have a 56k warning on this one.

That's a AC Iwaki WMD 20RZ high head, there pretty good sized pumps, I really like mine, its about like a RD at 18vdc. JT and Petra's were both out of RD's when I bought that one, I should of waited and gotten one of the Iwaki RD30, I ended up not using it for a month anyway.
.But other then bragging rights the performance is pretty close between the 2.

Where's DryadSoul? We need his pic's to!

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Hey that would be cool to I guess, or at least have a 56k warning on this one.

That's a AC Iwaki WMD 20RZ high head, there pretty good sized pumps, I really like mine, its about like a RD at 18vdc. JT and Petra's were both out of RD's when I bought that one, I should of waited and gotten one of the Iwaki RD30, I ended up not using it for a month anyway.
.But other then bragging rights the performance is pretty close between the 2.

Where's DryadSoul? We need his pic's to!
56k death added
but so far my attempts to add a slide show in thread has been fail
how dose the link look though?

as for the pump stuff you just said
way over my head m8

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
V8 Just arrived today.

Attachment 109384

Attachment 109385
sexy will add you

edit someone try out the slide show link and tell me what you think if you guys like it I'll keep adding on if not I think I may take one pic from each user and add it to the pics section. but its really up to you guys

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarble View Post
56k death added
but so far my attempts to add a slide show in thread has been fail
how dose the link look though?

as for the pump stuff you just said
way over my head m8

I can't see a link.
.Is it in the first post?

Hey do it how ever you want to, its all good.

You'll catch on to the lingo pretty soon, I've just been doing it for a long time, WC'ers have there own weird language.

That's a very nice block Patch! I really like those X type mounts, there sharp!...

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

I can't see a link.
.Is it in the first post?

Hey do it how ever you want to, its all good.

You'll catch on to the lingo pretty soon, I've just been doing it for a long time, WC'ers have there own weird language.

That's a very nice block Patch! I really like those X type mounts, there sharp!...

should be in the 3rd post

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarble View Post
should be in the 3rd post

Hey thats nice I like that!..
..We need DryadSouls res vortex vid or pic's for it I tell you what, I lost the link to it. He'll be by sooner or later..

How about a sound track for the slide show? I'm a old fart so 1 vote for a AC/DC soundtrack...
film_go.png
YouTube - AC/DC - Back in Black [Lyrics]

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Hey thats nice I like that!..
..We need DryadSouls res vortex vid or pic's for it I tell you what, I lost the link to it. He'll be by sooner or later..

How about a sound track for the slide show? I'm a old fart so 1 vote for a AC/DC soundtrack...
YouTube - AC/DC - Back in Black [Lyrics]
Id love to add sound to it but as far as I can tell it will not let me I may try and build a slide show and put it on youtube so we can have some music to accompany our blocks

1 - 20 of 463 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.