Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Winner is #97 UnAimed, Congrats!

Here is the deal on the V6 give-a-way.
This Give-A-Way is open to all current OCN members worldwide. That means you must be a member as of the day of this posting (7/26/09). No one will be considered who joins OCN after today. I will pay all shipping charges (Parcel Post mail, USPS). The winner will be chosen by random.org by your post number. No double posting, this will disqualify you. Posting will be closed Sunday August 9th at 8PM EST. I will announce the winner on this thread and notify by PM
Now, about the block: This is the V6 I have been using for a long time. It only fits sockets 775,939,478. The block is not perfect which is one reason I kept it for myself. I cut one of the internal walls a little too close to the screw holes and had to build it up with solder to repair it. It has never leaked and never will. This block was made before I had my mill and was done mostly by hand and with a drill press. Before I ship it I will recondition it, disassemble, clean, new rubber gasket, polish and a quick re-lap. All I ask is that if you win it and no longer want it that you do the very same and pass it along to someone else. Preferably on this forum for free.
Here is the block as it sits in my rig at the moment.

Edit: Update, I spent about 4 hours rebuilding the block today. Not only cleaned and polished but I made a new base for it as well. I just could not let that repaired base go out even for free. Some lucky Sap is going to get a nice block. Here are the before and after pics;

Remember, If you win this block and I catch you trying to sell it, I reserve the right to shame you to death!

Before

After

·
Old C-130 Guy
4,995 Posts
Please count me in...

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Sweet I was waiting for this! Thanks man, I'm in!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I'm in for the best freebie ever, what better way to kick off WCing with a Stinger block?

1 - 20 of 306 Posts