Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just checked my temps and was shocked to see my core at 47c-50c!!

I took out the heat sink and processor cleaned them both as the thermal paste crumbled away...

For now I've under clocked my processor to GHz on all processors and lowered the voltage to CPU voltage to 1.2v
seems to have done the trick as its now idling at 37 with fans on a 100%

I've just ordered some mx2 paste to solve my problem

any advice on what i should do and how to apply it with the 965 and stock heatsink

Thanks

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Well tbh stock heatsinks are made to run the cpu just under the safe range at stock. That is about right honestly. That being said a tube of mx2 is what 7-8 dollars with shipping why not spend 13 or so more and get a cm hyper 212 and use the stock past. May not be great paste but the cooler would help even more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomepatrol View Post
Well tbh stock heatsinks are made to run the cpu just under the safe range at stock. That is about right honestly. That being said a tube of mx2 is what 7-8 dollars with shipping why not spend 13 or so more and get a cm hyper 212 and use the stock past. May not be great paste but the cooler would help even more.
To be honest I wanna start over clocking so i will be buying a heat sink very soon not sure what to go for quite yet

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus with some MX-2 would be great for a beginner overclocker. It offers great bang for the buck. Add a second 120mm fan for a push pull setup and you are golden

1 - 4 of 4 Posts