Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is probably posted a lot times and I did Google the question, but it didn't really provide the information I wanted to have.

What is the stock core voltage for an i5 2500k? When I looked on multiple websites everyone was saying different voltages between 1.2V and 1.250V.
I have my i5 2500k overclocked to 4Ghz on 1.240V, is this voltage too high, just fine or too low?

I am using the system in my signature.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipaa~;15251024
This question is probably posted a lot times and I did Google the question, but it didn't really provide the information I wanted to have.

What is the stock core voltage for an i5 2500k? When I looked on multiple websites everyone was saying different voltages between 1.2V and 1.250V.
I have my i5 2500k overclocked to 4Ghz on 1.240V, is this voltage too high, just fine or too low?

I am using the system in my signature.
I5-2500k comes stock vcore 1.20v.

Some 2500ks have no problem climbing up to 4ghz under 1.25v. But to really know if its stable you will need to run tests and benchmarks such as Prime95 blending and IBT (Intel burn test). Check out the official SB Stable Club thread for more info.

Stability varies from chip to chip so its impossible for us to tell you whether or not your voltage and OC is ok. You're in safe levels right now so it should be fine, but you need to test to make sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop;15251067

Some 2500ks have no problem climbing up to 4ghz under 1.25v. But to really know if its stable you will need to run tests and benchmarks such as Prime95 blending and IBT (Intel burn test). Check out the official SB Stable Club thread for more info.

Stability varies from chip to chip so its impossible for us to tell you whether or not your voltage and OC is ok. You're in safe levels right now so it should be fine, but you need to test to make sure.
I ran Prime95 for 20 minutes at these settings:
qaCH4.png

Does this mean it is stable, or should I let it run for longer?

Thanks for the quick reply.
smile.gif

·
Registered
224 Posts
For stable testing you need to run at least 8-9h.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop;15251067

Good to know (I just googled for stock voltages and low and behold OCN comes up.)

I'm a bit bored right now so my goal in the next week is to get this cpu under 1.20 volts at 4.4Ghz. In the past I've been able to get close but I'm going to look around and use every tweek I can.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
stock vcore varies on the chip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts