Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY PC GOT NICKED!!!
my beautiful wonderful glorious 64bit legend got stollen out my bedroom window.
i went out last night and left my widow open to keep the temp down (as its queit warm in South Australia in summer) and when i get home, my pc, monitor, tv, dvd,vcr, suround sound, all my dvd's(all 400 or so),my games (including DOD,HL,HL2,halo,ETM), mouse,keybord,and a pair of levis! all gone! my life is empty. Purpose less. meaningless.
I AM SO PEED OFF!
I hope the alpha cooler leeks on them.
and no i had no password on it so... its all thier's. all i have now is a crapy P2 366MHz. lucky it was in the garage. so it didnt get pinched.
I have insurance, but its still gona take like 6-9 months to get it all back. Hopefully i can get an upgrade now.

rep points to any 1 who can make me feel better.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
That sux but...Hey the ability to upgrade with no love lost is a huge plus. Really if you have the means, its possible to make a complete PC upgrade every 4-6 months. Man I wish somebody would steal my car.
Id collect the insurance and get something better. Who cares about waiting a little while for the money.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Man your one lucky dude!!!! Can you say FREE upgeade

Remember to list your specs to your ins co right

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalphreak

That sux but...Hey the ability to upgrade with no love lost is a huge plus. Really if you have the means, its possible to make a complete PC upgrade every 4-6 months. Man I wish somebody would steal my car.
Id collect the insurance and get something better. Who cares about waiting a little while for the money.

When you collect on insurance policies your premium goes UP. Insurance is nice to have but in all reality you are just giving your money away.

Instead of having an insurance policy protecting your tangible goods just invest the premiums you would be charged instead. Think of all the money you would have if you did it this way. The only thing I would have insurance for is medical and liability.

Renters insurance is something every renter should have because it is dirt cheap and protects you against stuff like that. The only thing that sucks is that the insurance company is not going to give you what you paid for your stuff but instead they will give you a replacement value. I hope you saved your receipts and can prove you had what you are claiming was stolen or else you are going to find out that your insurance company isn't going to give you very much at all. The best thing to do is to take a video camera and inventory everything. I would find some more stuff missing before you file your claim too

• Rep+
Reactions: Bangas

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangas

what do u mean by this? i have no specs

The insuramce company may want a break down of your PC hardware depending on what insurance you have.

They base all prices on new equipment so its just a matter of saying I had this this and this estimated price tag $$$... Insurance company will do some math and give you $$$$$ to replace.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kickassclone

When you collect on insurance policies your premium goes UP. Insurance is nice to have but in all reality you are just giving your money away.

Instead of having an insurance policy protecting your tangible goods just invest the premiums you would be charged instead. Think of all the money you would have if you did it this way. The only thing I would have insurance for is medical and liability.

Renters insurance is something every renter should have because it is dirt cheap and protects you against stuff like that. The only thing that sucks is that the insurance company is not going to give you what you paid for your stuff but instead they will give you a replacement value. I hope you saved your receipts and can prove you had what you are claiming was stolen or else you are going to find out that your insurance company isn't going to give you very much at all. The best thing to do is to take a video camera and inventory everything. I would find some more stuff missing before you file your claim too

Yeah dont wory i have all reciepts and lots of poloroids too. as i have to because im self employed and as far as tax office knows, its a buisness pc.
wich it is, when i use it for that purpose.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
That sucks. When you get your new sys, wire a camera to the old p2, so if they try it again, you still have your new system, and get the other one back for folding!

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Get a pic of the pc, then go to newegg and write down the most expensive parts you can find. Then build your super computer.

Insureance companies generally wont drop you if this is your first claim

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Get a pic of the pc, then go to newegg and write down the most expensive parts you can find. Then build your super computer.
Insureance companies generally wont drop you if this is your first claim

its my first pc claim. i'v had a run of misfortune over the last year.
including 2 mobile phones, $2500 car stereo, 186 cd's,and a BMX.
so i dunno. but the computer is insured speratly on my biusness insurence with a seperate company. i wonder if insurence company's comunicate over these matters?

·
Registered
137 Posts
And you put all that thru insurance...

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
couldnt you get the company to send you something to hold you over claiming you need it for work....

I see the conversaition now....... Mr. Bangas can you please Explain why you needed a FX-55, a 6800 ultra and a phase change unit to complete a microsoft word document.

ahah

but really cant they house you for a little while inbetween comps... and anyway you could get a brand new comp now and write it off taxes since that is soon i think
hope things get better

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see the conversaition now....... Mr. Bangas can you please Explain why you needed a FX-55 said:
well im an audio/visiual technician. so i can say i need lots and lots power. for fast video encoding and the like(i rearly do it thoe).

plus.. i fold 4 overclocker.net what other reason do i need?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Hunt the dog down like, well, a dog? Or maybe Ned Kelly? lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the insurence company (name withheld) , called me today.
they estimate the replacement $ @ AU$3,286.
so, im pretty stoked about that! they say i will recive the cheque or whatever it is by end of March @ the very latest! now i gota go window shopping.
i want to get a AMD 64 3500+, Abit AV8 3rd eye. 1 stick of 1024Mb GEil platnum RAM, a asetek antarctica Water cooler and a decent dvd DL burner that also burns cd's well.
******duz any 1 know of 1????*****

and obviously a wicked case! with 2 blue CCFL a super flower fan controller and a 600W psu.
then eventualy save abit more $ and use the rest on a 6800 ULTRA!!! also what is a good make of 6800U?***

thanks all for your suport and help through this tough time.
very appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangas

the insurence company (name withheld) , called me today.
they estimate the replacement $ @ AU$3,286.
so, im pretty stoked about that! they say i will recive the cheque or whatever it is by end of March @ the very latest! now i gota go window shopping.
i want to get a AMD 64 3500+, Abit AV8 3rd eye. 1 stick of 1024Mb GEil platnum RAM, a asetek antarctica Water cooler and a decent dvd DL burner that also burns cd's well.
******duz any 1 know of 1????*****

and obviously a wicked case! with 2 blue CCFL a super flower fan controller and a 600W psu.
then eventualy save abit more $ and use the rest on a 6800 ULTRA!!! also what is a good make of 6800U?***

thanks all for your suport and help through this tough time.
very appreciated!

thats awesome dude what the exchange rate in austrailia?? to US

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
60 cents AUS = 45 cents US or
$1 US = $1.32 AUS Its pretty close. That is a nice chunk of change to play with. You LUCKY!!! Im not...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts