Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping by Guitar Center tomorrow to try out a new set of headphones. I am extremely new to quality headphones--I've always used gaming headsets. Help me select a pair of headphones under my criteria.
  • I have a $100 budget.
  • Using the headphones mainly for gaming. But, light music and movie listening too
  • Using Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Guitar Center headphone inventory

Note: The reason why I am going through Guitar Center to purchase them is because if I end up returning them the process is a lot easier than dealing with an online retailer.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffStuff1;12026112
Dont get head phones is the solution
biggrin.gif

get your self a couple towers and maybe even a Sub
biggrin.gif
What a great solution, you sure helped him out!

Did you consider he might live with people who don't appreciate loud music at night? Or in an apartment with thin walls.

Anyway, I don't know headphones very well, I bought a pair of JVC HA-RX900's b/c they were on sale for $50 and several people recommended them for budget headphones, I've liked them fairly well. I hear they may be discontinued though so you may have trouble finding them.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygaffer;12026226

Did you consider he might live with people who don't appreciate loud music at night? Or in an apartment with thin walls.
He might also live in his own house with music loving people who listen to music all night long..

LOL.. Truth is no headphone is as good as nice set of speakers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordawg92;12026362
I would check out the ATH-M50 or the ATH A700. They are both amazing over-ear headphones for their price. However, I really recommend to try the headphones before you buy them.
Thank you cordawg and jp27, I was looking at the M50's but wasn't sure how they compared. But, I couldn't find the A700's on the site.

Would the ATH m45's be a good choice, since they're in my $100 price range? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M45-Studio-Monitor-Headphones-104599899-i1380022.gc

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have the a-700. They are nice but I wish they weren't closed earphones. Id recommend open headphones they have an illusion of ambient room sound. But they are also noisier to 3rd parties

·
Scrub since 2010
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygaffer;12026226

Anyway, I don't know headphones very well, I bought a pair of JVC HA-RX900's b/c they were on sale for $50 and several people recommended them for budget headphones, I've liked them fairly well. I hear they may be discontinued though so you may have trouble finding them.
If its me.. I'll say screw the neighbors or who ever is around my room... they don't like it *LEAVE
tongue.gif

Joking

but yes like others have suggested get the "AT M50s" I have them and in my opinion they are pretty decent I use them in my recording studio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts