Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Hackers have launched a malware blitz that poses as a 4 July greeting card.

Malicious emails, distributed worldwide, claim prospective victims have been sent an email greeting card, which they can view by clicking a link online. Varied subject lines based on US Independence Day are used to bait the ruse.

Users duped into clicking on the link within the infected email are taken to compromised sites hosting exploits that attempt to load a copy of the Storm Trojan onto vulnerable Windows PCs. The latest spam campaign is being launched from compromised machines, which have been turned into malware spewing spam bots.

The Storm Trojan, which first appeared in January 2007, uses a variety of eye-catching fake headlines to tricks users into visiting maliciously-constructed websites, a tactic that proved depressingly effective and has made the malware strain a major problem over recent months...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07..._storm_trojan/

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
I think computer-illiterate middle-aged people need to take a training course on common sense and how to not click on every damn link in an e-mail they see.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Criswell
View Post

I think computer-illiterate middle-aged people need to take a training course on common sense and how to not click on every damn link in an e-mail they see.

QFT, if your too dumb to not notice things like this, then you should just stick to watching Wheel of Fortune... :/

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Email viruses are the natural selection of the internet...

If your dumb enough to open random emails and click their links and what not, well... It's not like you would be making use of your computer anyways.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aHandzProduction View Post
gMail don't let this shiat through boys and girls!
same for yahoo

believe it or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns View Post
"virusz, kliK h3rE!"

Canada?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
OMGZ, I got a greeting card how nice

[Error: YOU are a DUMB*]

[Overvolting all parts]
[Deleting Windows ROOT]
[Deleting C Drive]

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Criswell
View Post

It is the year 2007 you think some internet knowledge would be common sense at this point...

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Licht
View Post

It is the year 2007 you think some internet knowledge would be common sense at this point...

It is, the problem is common sense... Isn't common at ALL.

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=R00bin=-
View Post

rofl! Out of curiosity I put my mouse over the link to see where it led too...

Don't trust what it says. Links can be shrouded in most browsers. The true destination can be hidden in IE(all), FF(Pre-v2.0), Opera(Pre-v8.xx), and Safari(?).

Don't click that link, nomatter where it goes, unless you really trust your email client and web browser to show you the truth...

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Well see, that's the upside of not talking to people, I never need to check my email.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts