Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone able to figure out why this happen even with light disk activity like driver install? This is a samsung ssd

·
Registered
28 Posts
go to device manager, check under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to see if they are using AMD driver.
uninstall and delete the driver so it will roll back to the standard sata ahci controller by MS.

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Yes. AMD sata drivers are not comptible with Samsung ssd.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then what to do? Use samsung ones? Microsofts one seems to do the same.

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Hmm. The macroshaft drivers work ok for me. If the Samsung drivers work use them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HO-LY-SHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIT

Yes. AMD sata drivers are not comptible with Samsung ssd.
OMG. You and andyliu are my lifesavers RN. I just spent like....a week trying to troubleshoot DPC Latency for Storport.sys and was afraid it was bad memory, faulty M.2 SSD from Samsung, or just a bad motherboard (which I have tried troubleshooting all over the place).

I even wiped my PC 2wice, the second time as a clean CLEAN install with nothing remaining on my other SATA/HDDs/SSDs.

Then, I come across this f*cking rando Forum and get the advice to uninstall AMD's IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller Drivers not being compatible with Samsung SSDs.....and voila, the problem is GONE.

I cannot express the amount of joy and gratitude from you both for this help....sincerely...you both have my thanks.

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
LOL! It took me a lot more than a week to stumble across the fix for this problem. It was buried in an obscure forum about 9 pages back in a search. Then I searched around here and it was a known issue 2 years ago, except that everyone forgot about it. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts