Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to put this but guess this sub forum will do.

My problem is that. It all started happening last night, if I were to restart everything will be normal. Now this morning it'll shoot up to 100% cpu usage after a random amount of time passes or as soon as I load up steam. I've googled this loads, but nothing works. Help please!

Edit: Forgot to add that the memory usage also slowly increases.

·
Programmer
28,679 Posts
High usage from those processes is typical of Windows update searching and installing the latest patches. It also happenes to be Monday/Tuesday, when MS release OS patches. These patches even on quick systems can take a little while to install. Just give the system about half a day longer in idle for things to clear up. For some reason, Windows update takes forever if you don't do the search manually. That goes for installing the updates too. If you still have issues, we can do some more in depth checking with better tools to find the exact source.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

High usage from those processes is typical of Windows update searching and installing the latest patches. It also happenes to be Monday/Tuesday, when MS release OS patches. These patches even on quick systems can take a little while to install. Just give the system about half a day longer in idle for things to clear up. For some reason, Windows update takes forever if you don't do the search manually. That goes for installing the updates too. If you still have issues, we can do some more in depth checking with better tools to find the exact source.
Well... I got annoyed by it (It got so bad that chrome pages were taking ages to open, youtube videos wouldn't load cause flash wasn't loading, couldn't even load hearthstone! and that thing runs on phones) I reformatted and everything is working normally. It was probably overkill in the sense of it being a simple fix but I couldn't find it after hours of searching and trying different "fixes" Thanks though.

This thread can be closed now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts