Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was OCing my comp to 3.2 GHz with settings of 1600 QDR and 8x multiplier. This set up was running fine for about a year now, when one day turning on the computer, it freezes. Tried again, crashes. Then during boot up, there is a message at the bottom off the boot up screen that says:

"This computer is now running in safe mode. Reset your CMOS to default."

So I set everything back to default (2.4 GHz) and tried OCing again. After about a week, it crashes again with the same message.

Could this be a problem with my CPU, mobo or something else?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran everything back down to stock, meaning I went into the BIOS and chose 'Load Default' option. Even now, I during gameplay, the computer locks up completely, and the sounds from my speakers make it sound like it's in a loop.

Any idea or suggestions.

P.S - If you can get your comp to 1000 GHz on 1 V Vcore setting, good for you but it does nothing to help me.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
How long have you had 4 sticks of RAM in your board? Nvidia/nforce chipset boards (like the 780i) have a hard time running 4 sticks of RAM, and running 8GB is also a burden on these boards...you probably need at least 1.45v on your northbridge (SPP), if not more. Do you really need 8GB of RAM? Your rig would probably run stabler, with lower volts on vcore and northbridge, if you only used 2 sticks.

Also, for similar reasons, you probably need more vcore than someone with an Intel board, like the UD-3P that someone else mentioned. You'll probably need more than his 1.39. I think I needed ~1.14125v (BIOS) to run my q6600 @3.2ghz, on the same board (780i).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.