Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden (for about a week now) I have internet hang. If I click to open my browser Google.com pops up right away. If I type a site into the search bar the page loads right away. The problem is when I click a thread link, a click-through, or anything on the sites I have loaded. Any time I attempt to do this, I get a long hang. I can see on the bottom it says, "Waiting for xxx.xxx..."

I have tried going into /cmd and clearing my dns and refreshing my IP among other things, but nothing seems to clear this up. I have no lag or problems in my MMO's.

The hang can last from 10 seconds up to a minute or longer. Eventually, every page seems to load, but the length is ridiculous. I have Verizon FiOs and when I diagnose the connection everything seems fine. Even my download speeds are unaffected.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Firstly, speed test? Secondly, have you tried another DNS server? If I was to take a guess I think it's the DNS server, try google's one(here) and see if it fixes it
thumb.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
It might be a bit strange, but try changing the port you are connected to on your router, every time I've heard of this problem, it was a hardware issue with the router.

First post on these forums after months of snooping!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humafold View Post

Quote:
It might be a bit strange, but try changing the port you are connected to on your router, every time I've heard of this problem, it was a hardware issue with the router.
Not really sure how to do that or what to change it to if I did.
biggrin.gif
I meant the physical port you are plugged into. Faulty router "jacks" are overlooked in many cases in hangs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts